Cuteness

Bridgewater, ME

I have 2 cochin hens that have left the babies 2 to 4 weeks old and got up on the roost at night.Two of the babies could not fly or jump very high and my roosts are very high.So dh put some more roost poles in for them but still could not get up there.I felt so bad for them,they would be on the floor screaming for the mama and she would just look at them,not even encourage them with her clucking,BAD MAMAS! So every night I would go out and put the babies under the mamas wings to keep them warm.Last night I went out and they had all made it to the top except the littlest one, he or she was near the top and there was no room left at the top so it went over to my frizzle hen and slipped under her wing,I watched for awhile and she let it stay there,so I was happy.Will continue to watch every night to see if it will get under someones wing till it has more feathers.Its still cold here and the coop goes down to 38 at night

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Awww, very sweet! Thanks for posting, the photos make me happy too.

Bridgewater, ME

One of my bantam cochins and her baby

Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Awwww....!

(Zone 6b)

Wow. Handsome little chick! What a character. :) Outstandingly nice Frizzle too. Precious precious pictures. I never would have thought those babies could climb so high and be secure up there under a wing.

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Sooooo cute!!! .....It has been a week. How are they doing now?

Bridgewater, ME

They are doing great,dh put new roost poles in so they are closer togather so not so far to jump from one to another.I reminded him that when he built them we had standard size chickens now we have all bantams,bantam babies are very small.Have new babies in the cochin coop,will get some pics

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

What a nice hen to take the chap in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.