Two noids that need a name

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Does anyone have any ideas about these ? The white is about 30", early blooming, and somewhat fragrant. The "Pink' is taller, 36"-38", early midseason, and has wonderful aroma. I believe the Pink to be Pink Satin, and I'm growing a 'test plant" for comparison, but any of your ideas are welcome. Neither of them have any signs of purple based foliage, both are strong growers...Thanks

Thumbnail by crowrita1 Thumbnail by crowrita1
Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

I wish I had the expertise to help here...they're beautiful, both of them.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks! That "pink" (more Orchid in color ,I guess) is my favorite iris. My mom got it from a neighbor about the time I was born, and the family ( my Daughters, Son, Sister and her kids) are still growing it. It has the most wonderful aroma of any iris I grow (at least to me !LOL) And it has to be tough! It's kicked around a long time!...Arlyn

Concord, NC

What..the Historic Iris Preservation Society.. Hasn't been able to identify those Historic noids for you? LOL. im in shock and disbelief..mmmm..not really..we really havent been able to figure out exactly what it is they do over there.thats why even though my son is no longer a member there, I have every right to be. and choose not too currently..because I cant figure out for the life of me what they are for.. a other thansquabaling and putting people down and coming over here and going on the 'attack' what it is that they actually do?

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Are you saying that I have attacked you, somehow?....Arlyn

Concord, NC

nope.im discussing when HIPS members discussed my gypsy queen pics.. and then decided to quote '' go on the attack '' on images over here not just mine; that they took it upon themselves to decide were erroneous.. without any proof. where do you read that im saying you personally..? and im glad you are coming here to Daves to try Get your pics Identified because HIPS apparently could not help you. not trying to be nasty but my son may not live much longer and people like You not only sat back and allowed what they did to him when he was over their and said not one word, but either took part in or were complicit in HIPS members coming over here and continuing to act like vultures toword me and other DG members.are You not a member of that orginazation that does such things and were you not there when it was going on and aware of it.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

This does not merit a reply....Arlyn

Concord, NC

yet you replied..actually I have the print off here..apparently you dont find 'soup n*&' offensive, it's just popular culture, but your exact words were ''this aint iris it should be removed' to my sons mel brooks thread. Let me tell you something and anyone else on Daves or HIPS that is listening..that term in any connotation has nothing to do with gardening and if someone complains and finds it offensive to them it should be removed ,and I now have an attorney that agrees with me.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2015 7:53 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.