Obsessed II..Spring 2014 headed towards summer

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here..... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1349885/

With bloom season around the corner...there should be lots to be obsessed about!

This message was edited Mar 30, 2014 6:49 PM

This message was edited Mar 31, 2014 2:23 PM

Thumbnail by gardenglory
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I have been exercising my obsession again today on the LA. LOL. Nothing real expensive just a few cutie pies for the road. I am done! Again!!
I could not resist *ANNE McWILLIAMS (Kinnebrew) 2005* Big, vigorous, gaudily, and pink. I am bidding on two other pinks and a big gaudy orange one. 7" wide! Make my day!! Great edges on these. :))

Susan

gardenglory
Your link to where we came from does not work.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Susan, you keep exercising! LOL!! The preen comes in mulch also. I imagine that what you apply now will help with all the other seeds that hasn't germinated yet. I have never used it.
Blomma, make sure you are kneeling down on some soft cushion when weeding and do some walking in between. Pam that's a pretty flower.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Just marking the new thread. I have been weeding and trying to De-bermuda....is that a word?? My arm and shoulder are so sore (and my elbow) that I can barely move........ :( But, I am slowing making a dent in the evil mire..........

I have some winter weeds in my new bed I have to get to as well that are on top of the mulch - don't need them to get established!!! Just need to clone myself. Worked for 5 hrs yesterday in the one bed and only made it a few feet - but I am in an area that is so thick with bermuda that I can barely get a thin shovel thru it :(

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Here it goes, there has to be a space between the sentence and the link.

Here it is. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1349885/

Mike, LOL, I am still pulling up little purple flowers but now not so little. :((( Thanks for the tip!

West St. Paul, MN

Here is my latest LA acquisition. Gossard's Viva Pinata:
http://www.daylily.com/auctphotos8/1395711662.jpg

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh Love that daylily....very nice cataddict!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Very nice! Here is the one I won last night, ( KALAHARI JEWEL ). I went to bed early and lost the other two. LOL. I bought one from Blueridge yesterday ANNE McWILLIAMS and the day before that I got CUTTING LOOSE from Abundantdaylilies. I seem to be on a roll. LOL.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/409405422348321323/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/409405422348321516/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/409405422348321386/

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

OK. Thanks to virginarose, there are now two links. I guess I was paying more attention to getting the new thread on the old site. Live and learn.
Headed to pinterest, can spend hours there.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from gardenglory :
OK. Thanks to virginarose, there are now two links. I guess I was paying more attention to getting the new thread on the old site. Live and learn.
Headed to pinterest, can spend hours there.

You had it right! there just needed to be a space before the link. LOL.

I love pinterest. :)

West St. Paul, MN

virginiarose: I really like that purple one with the white teeth. Which one is it?

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Virginie- Love Cutting Loose!!!

virginia...I almost bought ANNE McWILLIAMS but decided on Alexa Kathryn and Forestlake Ragamuffin instead. I will have it eventually.

Mike there is no space in my borders to kneel. So I bend down to weed. I only hurt for a day. The more I weed, the more limber I become. LOL

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Yes, Cutting Loose, such a beauty. I lucked out!

Lily, I love Alexa Kathryn and I already have it. Love that!

I was weeding and digging yesterday and boy was I sore and tired last night. I turned in early. LOL.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Blomma, "limber" is good, keep pulling those weeds! LOL!
I remember seeing some security warning on the news recently about "Pinterest", did anybody else saw it?
Susan, love Cutting Loose also, but I am sure the color is not that saturated.
Cataddict, VP is a nice one also.

West St. Paul, MN

Blomma: Just think: Forest Lake Ragamuffin changed the world of daylily breeding...

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Some nice wins! Will be looking for those blooms later in the summer..........

Limber is good - but it doesn't seem to matter how I bend over to pull or how much I dig and pull, I still get sore. I kept saying last year when I was working on that huge foundation bed that eventually I would "get in shape" and not be sore. It NEVER happened! Yuck! I dug some more on my bermuda last night after work - only got in about an hour before the rain started up again, but then I had to get up in the middle of the night because my legs were hurting and i couldn't sleep. Thankfully, I finally got some rest.

Mike, I haven't seen any warnings about pinterest........... ^_^ But, thankfully I haven't gotten too addicted to it - rarely go there unless I am looking for specific ideas for something. My daughter swore that is where I would spend all my time once I had an empty nest........guess I been too busy with other things! LOL

cataddict,
Yes, I heard FR is what got many addicted to DL. I am going to cross her with every DL I have. Definately with Alexa Kathryn, Get Jiggy, and Darla Anita.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna keep working at it and you will have those darn Bermuda Grass under control.
I crossed and back crossed FR with Bass Gibson x Chicken On The Run = Ron Wilson's Online Garden Party last season. I had so many seeds I gave away a lot. RWOGP doesn't have teeth but the genes are there. I also used FR on Fooled Me. I will plant some of those seeds this spring. Fooled Me set pods like you wouldn't believe..
Blomma good luck on your up coming crosses. I have written down some that I want to make this season also.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I have not seen any warnings on pinterest, except maybe this one. LOL. They do not have ANY personal information. Everything is optional, my personal profile is blank. They have no Credit Card numbers or anything, so, I am more concerned with other websites right now. LOL.
Pinterest their self will warn you about bad links and spam. Also I report things myself by clicking on the picture, it enlarges and you will see a flag at the bottom. Click that on to report spam or anything inappropriate.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/354095589423042126/

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I had my first scape yesterday. It was in my seedling earthbox. I have no idea what cross it is, as people, who were just trying to help clean up before my surgery, moved things around. Im happy none-the-less.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2014 9:16 AM

West St. Paul, MN

Gardenglory: A scape already! How exciting! Of course, a few of mine are just barely poking their little nibs above ground. More snow on the way... :(

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I found you guys! lol

Gardenglory, Yeah! Glad to hear you have your first scape! It gives the rest of us hope.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Virginiarose.... I think Mike was fooling .... or at least that is how I took it. more of a warning about how addicting it is! :)

How exciting - a scrape............. it does give the rest of us hope for sure!

Mike,
I have Fooled Me and you are right. It is very fertile. I too got plenty of seeds from it.

Gardenglory, Congratulation on your blooming seedling. Where are the photos of your seedling cross. We all want to see it. How old is it from seeds? I had a bunch of seedlings bloom last summer at 14 months much to my surprise. Likewise iris seedlings. See below.

Thumbnail by
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from gen2026 :
Virginiarose.... I think Mike was fooling .... or at least that is how I took it. more of a warning about how addicting it is! :)

How exciting - a scrape............. it does give the rest of us hope for sure!

Thanks! It was just an FYI thing, so no one would be scared. I did like the sign though. LOL.

susan

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from HazelCrestMikeB :
Blomma, "limber" is good, keep pulling those weeds! LOL!
I remember seeing some security warning on the news recently about "Pinterest", did anybody else saw it?
Susan, love Cutting Loose also, but I am sure the color is not that saturated.
Cataddict, VP is a nice one also.

Mike, could it be photoshopping?? Looks like something I would like for desert. LOL. I will let you know the truth about the color soon enough. I love bringing the truth to light....

susan

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Susan, I believe it is.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

It does not surprise me, and that is why no one trust the hybridnizers photos. They are just a marketing tool. But if a real gardener has a nice looking plant, that means everything. I got a single fan at a ridiculous price, and I was willing to gamble. So.. I will be the guinea pig on this one. LOL.

susan

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

GardenGlory...Pic! Pic! :)

Susan- Thanks for taking one for the team ;) Will be interesting to see.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Love that large clump of seedlings! Looks nice and teases us of things to come!

Susan, hope that DL comes out close in color to what you thought you were buying......

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks! It will be interesting to see.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Blooma, Beautiful Blooms! Can't wait to see your seedlings this year!

Susan, Hope your Cutting Loose is as beautiful as the picture! Give it a few years! Sometimes they have to grow into their beauty :) I like the name in addition to the beautiful face! Fingers Crossed it will be beautiful as the picture or better!

Genna, If you can find the time try some Yoga. It helps mind and body! You'll find it a great stress relief :) The bonus will be less soreness after weeding! I also stretch before and after working in my garden.

Thanks guys. I can't wait for seedlings to bloom this year also.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Your Welcome! Thank You for sharing your beauties with us :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Karen! I have a feeling it will be beautiful. :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Me too! :)

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Been enabling around here again :)

Linda is getting -Bull Fighter
Lydias Regal Robe
Tahlequah Flame

West St. Paul, MN

I've always LOVED 'Tahlequah Flame'. I had to sit on my hands when I saw it on the LA at a reasonable price.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.