help with a mark

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i've had this piece for many, many years. it's an oriental looking cat with a structure inside of metal rods with something like heavy plaster over that and then a copper type covering over the whole thing. i know what the inside is like because it's damaged.
i still love it and would never part with it but i have never been able to find anything about the mark on it (shown in the picture).
any help would be appreciated. i kind of think that it may be from the arts and crafts period but that is just a guess. it came from the home of a very wealthy collector in the midwest. the home was gutted by a new owner and this cat, because of the damage i'm assuming, was thrown out on the trash pile...or maybe it was damaged when tossed. anyway, my dad rescued it and brought it home to me.

Thumbnail by trackinsand
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!