Bacon Fat is Good for You !!! ???

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

I recently had a table at a local home & garden show, and for 2 days I was next to a lady selling jarred BACON FAT!! Don't get me wrong - I love cooking with bacon fat. But for 2 days, I had to listen to how healthy and good for you bacon fat is. I heard "It's a good fat, just like olive oil" all day long.

On the website, http://www.hotbellybacongrease.com/ there's little mention of how healthy bacon fat is, but she certainly was telling everyone about the health benefits of bacon fat.

I did trade her a jar of my jelly for a jar of her bacon fat, and the bacon fat is good. Very clean, with no little bits & pieces in it and it does tastes great. I'll probably use all of it, in small amounts, for the great flavor it gives. But I'll never believe it's good for you.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!