Plant swap thread for Bill's 6/8/14 RU in Pepperell, MA

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

This is where you can tell everyone what plants you have to bring to the RU and others can make trades with you. Everyone will have to keep up with their own swaps, so be sure to make lists of who is giving and getting what from you. Then in the last days everyone can post their swap lists here.

PLEASE SEE SEPARATE FOOD THREAD HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1358740/

HERE ARE SOME LINKS BILL PROVIDED TO GARDEN CENTERS NEAR HIS HOUSE FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF ANYONE WHO PLANS TO ADD A SHOPPING SPREE:

Mason Hollow Nursery - http://www.masonhollow.com/

Mixed Border Nursery - http://www.themixedborder.com/

Cataldo's Nursery - http://cataldonurseries.com/

Lakeview Nursery - http://lakeviewnurseries.com/

Central Mass Nursery - http://centralmassgarden.com/

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pm/896662/#ixzz32aV7TvP8

This message was edited May 23, 2014 7:29 PM

Thomaston, CT

I should have lots of Siberian iris......lavender... white.....mauve....should also have some tall bearded iris.....don't know what I'll have blooming, but I can take photos closer to the swap....also have some nice creeping wintergreen.....daylilies as well, but will have to check as to colors....most have eyes. Would like some short sedum if anyone has any.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

--I'll peek at the peony roots to see what cultivars I might be able to share because they are developed enough (once it thaws a bit more) I will check Nancy Nora, Duchesse De nemours, Nick Shaylor, Edens Temptation, the Mikado and Roland (a miniature), maybe others

--I could root a sprig or two of magnolia-- virginiana, of the girls I have Betty, a stellata, and a leafy grandiflora that thrives in zone 6a.

--I have an unnamed wild hydrangea, and can snip off and root a branch of a few others

--I have a very cool but slow growing native Atlantic rhodi I could try to propagate. Sometimes they are called evergreen piedmont rhodis.
--my two robust willows in pots are tricolor and curly locks.

My plant journal on DG is almost acccurate if anyone cares to look there for things on any status but Want, Ordered or finished.

I'm particularly interested in more native plants such as , ornamental mullein, a salvia if I don't have it (i'll have to see which of mine come up this year so I can offer them ) I don't have black and blue for example because of the trouble to collect seeds, any native groundcovers... any special hostas or other special plants that aren't native are still loved.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

I should have a bunch of stuff like hardy geranium, cardinal flower, and who knows what. might have deutzia which tend to send off starter bushes. will know more when the snow melts and the plants start growing.

Thomaston, CT

Rosemary, I have a yellow mullein that seeds all over the place....don't know if it's native though, but the flower stalks are about 3' tall, & narrow. I think it's called Sixteen Candles, but I'm not sure.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm interested. I hope there's something I can offer. Scions from trees or shrubs are possible.

Thomaston, CT

OK...I will pot one up when it gets warmer......

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I'm hoping to be able to split some daylilies before the RU. Have no idea what else since I haven't surveyed the gardens yet at the farm. Will give an update soon, and will start a food thread in the next few days.

Thomaston, CT

I can always use an eyed DL! And a pretty hosta!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i have 4 forsythia kumson - look it up really cool leaf

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

OK, I found you again! I expect to have two noid pink TP babies from a branch I heaved dirt on last year. The sprouts are healthy. It will probably be a few years until they bloom, though. I think these pics are the right one. My other pink noid is sometimes more variegated.

I have an assortment of rooted tree starts from the National Arbour Day foundation this year. I had asked them for hardy crape myrtle, but being unsure of what they sent, I have multiples in pots.

I am sure I can spare some epimedium sulferium if there's anyone who doesn't already have it.

I have an established area of American Mayapples (podophyllum) if anyone wants some.

This message was edited May 14, 2014 10:35 AM

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Thomaston, CT

Those peonies are very pretty.....I don't think I'll take one though because I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in this house.....maybe only another few years.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

I would be interest in one of the TP babies.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

OK, one goes to Bill.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I have golden tiara hosta, and happy returns daylily.

Thomaston, CT

I will take a piece of the hosta, Deb.......

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

If there's still more of the golden Tiara hosta, I'm interested. I can never get enough golden hostas.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

me too :)

Sure to all three

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks, Deb.

I am sure I can spare some epimedium sulferium if there's anyone who doesn't already have it (now pictures as the blooms are fading).

I have various hardy geraniums to share. I think this very full cransebill is 'Czakor' but maybe 'Kahn'--I'm rather indiscriminating about creanesbills. The dark leaved one is 'Expresso' and it seems to be big enough to share a little.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I would love a golden hosta and a TP if there are enough to go around!

You're my fourth Louise and that's how many I potted up

Thomaston, CT

You are so organized, Deb....guess it's time for me to do that!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I think the second TP will have enough roots, but I can't promise it's vitality till i dig it up next week. They are still connected to the mother plant, and they both actually have buds.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I have rooted cuttings of Pelargonium Peppermint twist and Happy Thoughts. the Peppermint twist ones came from my second place winning mother plant.
I will have at least one Tall Bearded Iris Batik rhizome to spare. I have two clumps and they are both in bud at the moment. I will also have variegated Solomon's seal and pink lily of the valley. Still working on dividing perennials and this list will increase. oh, lungwort too.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Martha, I will take an iris.

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

I have one plant of miscanthus sinensis Morning Light. It is my favorite of the grasses because doesn't need staking and very pretty. About 4ft tall here in Maine.

Thomaston, CT

No thanks....no room!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Debi! I appreciate it very much. 😘

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I will take a picture of Batik when it blooms. It is just about to do so should we get a few days of connected sunshine here.
Martha

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Watch out! I could gobble up ALL of the plants. There are way too many open spaces in my garden, and plenty of sun with the trees reduced.

If available, I would like to try the pink lily of the valley (mine is white) and this may be the year for a miscanthus in my garden, if one is still available from granite. I still look at BGH and they show it in plantings to hide the air conditioner.

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

You've got the miscanthus, Rosemary. Hope you enjoy it.
Wynne

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Wynne!

What kind of plants do you like to get? Some podophyllum (American Mayapples) maybe?

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Debi and. Marilyn, what are you looking for?

Thomaston, CT

Louise, I can use some low growing sedum.......

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

I have a lot of angelina sedum marilyn

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I already have you down for that, Marilyn. Anything else?

We've been away from the farm (in NY and CT for ten days.). Today when we arrived with yet another load of boxes to add to the pile already waiting for some unpacking.....i had some nice surprises waiting for me in the gardens. Things are waking up! I planted a few annuals in one of the barrels. The fourth shot is the little baby white lilac Celeste gave me! How exciting to see it taking off like this!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook

I really don't know what I could use. I'd be happy with a couple leftovers.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Bill....Angelina would be great.....Louise, love that petunia in your barrel......

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Marilyn. I like a lot of the new ones this year. I also have some angelina if you want doubles of that.

NOTE TO ALL: I WILL BE SENDING A D-MAIL BLAST WITH DIRECTIONS AND OTHER INFO SOON. ALSO , THIS IS A REMINDER THAT WE WILL BE DOING A GIFT RAFFLE AS BEFORE, UNLESS MANY OF YOU LET US KNOW YOU WOULD PREFER NOT TO DO ONE.

IF YOU HAVEN'T YET PUT DOWN WHAT FOOD DISH YOU WILL BRING, PLEASE GO TO THE FOOD THREAD OR SEND ME A D-MAIL ASAP AND LET ME KNOW THAT SO THAT I CAN UPDATE THE INITIAL POST IN THAT THREAD WITH THE LIST.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ANYTHING ABOUT THE RU, FEEL FREE TO D-MAIL ME AS WELL. AS I USED TO SAY IN MY FIRST CAREER AS A TEACHER, "THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS! ". LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.