Spanish Moss

Gainesville, FL

I live in Gainesville, Fl. Does anyone know who will spray your trees to kill Spanish Moss?

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Why would you want to??? Does it harm the trees or bring unwanted pests?

I think spanish moss is beautiful on trees down south.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't live in Florida, but my son tells me spiders and bugs are in the Spanish Moss.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Well spiders and bugs live in all trees :)

Gainesville, FL

Spanish Moss does tent to kill the part of the tree that it is hanging on. I guess it suffocates it. Every time it gets windy you have big clumps of limbs along with Spanish Moss all over your yard. Every where moss is growing you don't have any green leaves. My trees are poorly and they need all the help they can get. Most experts say it does not kill the trees but if you looked at them you would disagree with that. There are pecan groves in my area (20 miles away) and they are all treated for Spanish Moss. Does that tell you something? I hate it and I think it is ugly. I was fascinated with it when I first moved to Florida. Also when you live in Florida there are spiders, bugs, misquotes etc., every where and most of the year.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Hmm...I guess it's one of those cool things that you only like to see in other people's yards :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.