Not frugal living but def. an exercise in watching pennies

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Now that almost everybody stocks their own version of nitrile garden gloves, those wonderfully thin hand coverings with a coating strong enough to handle garden chores, it seems extravagant to pay $6.95 a pair. Had it not been for those wonderful DG co-ops, my outlay for gloves would have been in the $$.

But I can one-up the co-ops. If you live in a metropolitan area or know somebody that can shop for you, Harbor Freight, most husbands' paradise for tools, has their own version which retails for $1.79. They are all black, no flowers, butterflies or girlie colors, but they do the job. Nitrile gloves don't last long for me. It seems that after 20-30 hours of weeding, the middle right finger wears out and I have to throw them out. At 1.79/ea I don't feel so wasteful and I can save my pretty gloves for quickie chores.

Thumbnail by vossner Thumbnail by vossner
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!