Mail Order Sources

Jamestown, NY(Zone 5a)

I am currently trying to develop sources for our community. We live in New York State, Zone 5. The community has a large population of active Senior Citizens who garden. Many can not get in the car and drive around. Does anyone have favorite mail order sources for native plants? Thanks for your input.

Downingtown, PA

My favorite mail order company of native plants is Prairie Nursery PO Box 306 Westfield, Wisconsin 53964. I get their catalog each year. They keep adding more shade plants of the forest beside the sunny prairie plants. They sell straight species native plants. I'm attaching a photo of the little box mailed to me from them a few years ago with the small potted plants. They have a good website and a large Facebook page.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2014 12:27 PM

Thumbnail by Rickwebb
Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Have you checked out the Garden Watchdog list on this site? It is very informative - I am now trying not to have plant lust with every magazine or catalog I receive and instead looking up the company on Garden Watchdog. There's also a recent article about this year's winners of various categories.

I have personnally ordered from Almost Eden and Rose Franklin's butterflybushes.com both of which sent great quality plants. I've been able to visit Nearly Native Nursery, which is in GA, and they have great quality as well.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

I've ordered from Prairie Nursery as well, and second Rick's recommendation. I've heard good things about Prairie Moon Nursery, too.

Jamestown, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank-you for the responses. I have visited Niche Gardens in NC and really like their plants.
I will check out the Garden Watchdog. With another snow storm on the way, I probably won't be planting until June!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.