Invitation to WHA's June RU

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

If you have never seen Bill's arboretum you have missed a lot! He has an incredible collection of Japanese Maples, conifers and a plethora of other blooming shrubs and perennials, in addition to beautiful hand-crafted stone sculptures and walls and a lovely pond and stream, all of his own creation. He and his wife, Cindy, have graciously invited us all back to their home in Pepperell, MA on Sunday, June 8th for a late Spring/early Summer gathering with a pot luck lunch, plant swap and raffle.

More details about time and additional threads for food and plants to swap will follow, but for now......save the date and start drooling......

SEE SEPARATE PLANT SWAP THREAD HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1353603/

SEE FOOD THREAD HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1358740/

LINKS TO GARDEN CENTERS NEAR BILL & CINDY'S HOUSE:

Mason Hollow Nursery - http://www.masonhollow.com/

Mixed Border Nursery - http://www.themixedborder.com/

Cataldo's Nursery - http://cataldonurseries.com/

Lakeview Nursery - http://lakeviewnurseries.com/

Central Mass Nursery - http://centralmassgarden.com/

This message was edited May 23, 2014 7:46 PM

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

OK, I ought to be able to make it and to bring my DH. I have no idea whether I have any plant that anyone doesn't already have, considering the usual suspects, but the dormant season will be the best time to prepare if it's a matter of digging peony roots or rooting a shrub cutting in advance. Considering that this is a young garden in a brutal winter it's a bit up for grabs for what to bring.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I've marked my calendar! DH and I will try to do something else close by, any suggestions?

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Gardenwise,nature, historical or cultural? Public garden might have started their swanboats. There are whale watches, river and boat tours, museums of all kinds--the Harvard Museums are a nice addition to an art or natural history excursion, Arnold Arborteum, all of the north shore beaches and rte 1 to drive along. Naturally there is the freedom trail. Lexington has the battle road and the Minuteman National park headed out toward the Old North Bridge in concord.

Wow, thanks Rosemary! Definitely nature, we like national parks or similar.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Louise - thanks for starting the thread

We should probably throw the invite out to our friends at ATP as well.

Thomaston, CT

I have marked my calendar......looking forward to seeing everyone once again.......

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I am tentative at this point. Not that I don't want to be there because, believe me I do, but because that is our intended departure for our trek to Alaska. NOW, if I can convince DH to take a slight detour to the northeast it may work. Heehee.

If his school decides to make up snow days, maybe I can make it anyway.

Thomaston, CT

Wow....forgot about your Alaska trip, Jan.....quite an adventure!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Sounds great to hear so many may be able to come. Jan, i know this may be a problem, and your Alaska trip is so special, but i do hope you can find a way. We would all love to meet Jeff too!

Bill, i have no clue how to do this on ATP as well, so maybe you can mention the thread here to everyone there and invite them to join us? Or maybe someone who knows ATP better than i do can do a parallel of info there?

Rosemary, it will be great to finally meet you in person. I am so longing to see old DG friends and ATP friends as well. Nothing like a RU at a smashing location to reunite with everyone and meet new friends.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Hoping I can catch a ride up there.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Im looking forward to the RU also.

Can ATP folks get their invites through Facebook?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sounds great but not sure if I will be able to make it.
Jan your trip to Alaska sounds wonderful, DH is very envious. It's his dream trip. :)

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Louise I will try and start a thread over at ATP

Celeste hope your plans change

Jan if you can't make I understand - Alaska is on the bucket list here

This message was edited Mar 12, 2014 7:18 AM

I would love to get back to Alaska some day, it was one of my favorite trips.
Looking forward to seeing my garden friends again too!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

There might be a little extra room for a stowaway. Heehee.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh no, Celeste! What would a RU be without you?!!! Please please try to come. I miss you!

Thanks, Bill!

Sure hope Allison and Memory can come! Glad to hear you may come, Debi!

Thomaston, CT

I think we all need to see each other to connect....will miss anyone not there........

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Not sure if I will make it.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I so agree, Marilyn! When we are together we all come away energized and uplifted. This is a great group of people - men and women - and there is laughter and so much sharing, along with natural beauty and so much learning from each other. Bill and Cindy are wonderful hosts too.

I know I may sound like a car salesman here, but I speak the truth. LOL.

RONNIE, I am so sorry you may not be able to come....I am anxious to meet you and all of those we have not met in person yet, despite having developed good friendships online.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Louise, that's exactly how I feel!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ditto!!!! I have made lifelong friend's here. Wonderful camaraderie.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Quote from DonnieBrook :
If you have never seen Bill's arboretum you have missed a lot! He has an incredible collection of Japanese Maples, conifers and a plethora of other blooming shrubs and perennials, in addition to beautiful hand-crafted stone sculptures and walls and a lovely pond and stream, all of his own creation. He and his wife, Cindy, have graciously invited us all back to their home in Pepperell, MA on Sunday, June 8th for a late Spring/early Summer gathering with a pot luck lunch, plant swap and raffle.

More details about time and additional threads for food and plants to swap will follow, but for now......save the date and start drooling......

BE SURE TO SEE THE PLANT SWAP THREAD!!!!!! Time to think about what you have to swap with others! You can make swaps and keep track on the plant swap thread.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Im coming! Got my reservations made...will be in MA/NH area Sat. the 7th and Sun. the 8th!

Yeay!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

That's great celeste!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Wasn't sure as June 6th is Brian's B-Day so I had to make sure it was OK w/ him. :)

Thomaston, CT

Awesome.....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I would really like to try to get to this round-up. i haven't been to one in a while. I don't really know what's out there yet to bring in trade as the glacier that was my hilltop has only just receded and I was finally able to get out and get some leaves into bags today for the first time. More on trade items in a couple of weeks.
Martha

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

glad you can make it Martha

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Wow it's been ages since I've been here. Bill lured me back in with news of his RU. Will definitely try to make it. :D

Hope everyone is well - it's good to see so many familiar names still hanging out here!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

SONGS!!!! How are you?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

"Try to make it" You are too close to miss it :)

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Jan!

Good point Bill ;)

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

SOJ, we can decide whether we are zodiac twins when we meet, not that I believe a word of it!

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

I have put it on the calendar and will try to come. Have been drooling over Bill's garden via pictures for so long, I'm ready to see it in person and to put faces with the online names.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

it would be great to meet you finally!

Thomaston, CT

You'll love the gardens!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Woohoo, Celeste! Birthday visit for Brian as well as your being able to come! So happy to hear this! Also very happy that Martha and Songs and Granite can come too! I LOVE meeting new DG friends that we already have known for a long time online!

I have been AWOL here for quite awhile. We are moving in ....still! Our CT place will now be a second home and the farm in NH will be our primary home once we get things sorted out here in CT and get settled in here. Then we will open the Farm and begin part two of the resettling by moving many loads of stuff there. I hope this move is IT for us. I am itching to be out there cleaning out our gardens, but that won't be happening until we get things more settled. It is fun to see this place become our home though.

Here is the state of things so far today. Our bedroom is close to shaping up, but no pictures up yet. The garage is beginning to feel like it won't always be a mountain of boxes! Patience, Louise!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, poor girls!! They are tuckered out from the moving. Hoping you and Hank are pacing yourselves. Enjoy the process. Welcome back north.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.