Mini Orb Terrariums

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Been having fun making a few of these while the weather outside is frightful!
Our daughter Tasha lives on the eastern shore and is getting a Bernese Mt. dog pup tomorrow so I made this for her today.

I also make miniature gardens if you care to take a peek, come visit here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151186805184021.450735.365677824020&type=3

Happy Gardening,
Candee

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sweet, I love those plant-able glass orbs.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

They are fun mini's to make, hope I can sell some at our craft show. I did advertise them on Craigs list, but no takers yet.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think they would do well at a craft show. I'd buy one.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

We shall see, hope somebody wants one! Wish you were here, I'd make you one!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too. :)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Got up to mid 40s today!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Much needed warmth. So nice!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I am working on another project now, a head "Plant_Her" LOL. She is in the works.

Thumbnail by haighr
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, I like that. What material is it made of?

I have a collection of vintage lady head vases that I keep intending to get planted. But I've had them for years. Sometimes I'm just so slow. lol.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I am calling her SuChi and she is a styrofoam head from Hobby Lobby that I coated with sealer and painted with stone Krylon paint after I dug a hole in her head!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2014 4:15 PM

Thumbnail by haighr
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's great. I have some of the "stone" Krylon paint on hand. I think I'll look for a styrofoam head and see what I can do with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You have to seal it first, there is a product at Hobby Lobby or online called MagiKote and you brush it on to get a sealed, smooth surface for the paint to adhere! Can't wait to see what you create.
I plan on going back for the male head!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I really like this one planted with Medusa's Head cactus for the "hair".

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Is that one of yours? She is unique.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

No, she is from a succulent and cacti book I have. I keep wanting to do something like that but I am no longer in CA. I should have done it sometime during the 40 years I was there. lol.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Lol, lots of things I should have done in the past too

toms river, NJ

Hi,
Like your work.

Where do you get the mini orbs.
I have looked online but found only foreign vendors that require large quantity purchase.
Thanks for any info.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I got mine on Amazon. Have to read reviews and more as some that they sell are quite thin and break easily, the ones I got were a bit more expensive, but are heavy glass and are strong and thick glass.

Phoenix, AZ

Thanks for the idea! I've had one of those orbs and couldn't decide what to do with it. It now has sand, moss and some cute little grey succulents :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.