March Birthday card swap.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday!!!

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

rose318 / Patti -- March 18
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

2014 Birthday Club Hosts
January - GardenQuail
February - rose318
March - taters55
April - rose318
May - taters55
June -
July - gardenlady123
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

Thumbnail by taters55

Famous Birthdays for March 1st.
Singer Harry Belafonte is 87. Actor Robert Conrad is 79. Singer Roger Daltrey is 70. Actor Alan Thicke is 67. Actor-director Ron Howard is 60. Actress Catherine Bach is 60. Actor Tim Daly is 58. Actor Bryan Batt is 51. Actor Javier Bardem is 45. Actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar is 40. “Blues Clues” host Donovan Patton is 36. Actress Lupita Nyong'o is 31. Singer Justin Bieber is 20.

March 2nd...
Actor John Cullum (“Northern Exposure”) is 84. Author Tom Wolfe is 84. Author John Irving is 72. Actress-comedian Laraine Newman is 62. Singer Jay Osmond of The Osmonds is 59. Drummer John Cowsill of The Cowsills is 58. Country singer Larry Stewart of Restless Heart is 55. Singer Jon Bon Jovi is 52. Actor Daniel Craig is 46. Singer Chris Martin of Coldplay is 37. Actor Robert Iler is 29.

March 3rd...
Singer Jennifer Warnes is 67. Singer-guitarist Robyn Hitchcock is 61. Actress Miranda Richardson is 56. Rapper Tone Loc is 48. Guitarist John Bigham (Fishbone) is 45. Actress Julie Bowen is 44. Actor David Faustino (“Married ... With Children”) is 40. Actress Jessica Biel is 32.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Jon bon Jovi is 52 . and Daniel Craig 46 Wow. That all I have to say. LOL If I say anything else I may get in trouble.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

HI! Man I'm such a jerk, but good thing! I haven't missed any birthdays!!!

I have had some terrible trauma in my personal life, and my best gal Snoopy, border collie Mix died a few weeks ago too. School stresses and well, know the drill.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Any excitement out there?

I'm in the middle of an ice storm - can hear the cissss-booom-BA! Of trees falling and transformers exploding. Kinda creepy. Hope my power stays on - can't bear the thought of a 4' iguana inside my sweater. :/

A.

Good to hear from you Amanda. Sorry about your furry friend passing.

Ladies, don't forget we have a Birthday coming up, get those cards ready!

Patti's Birthday is the 18th!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry to hear of your beloved dog has died. Sending Hugs.
Patti

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.

Sorry I disappeared for so long! Been thinking of you all :) I've gotten to do some wandering around my yard and deck garden a bit :) Was encouraged to see some flowers blooming despite my not being able to take care of them much. My energy level still varies. Short nights of sleep affect me much more than they used to. Still adjusting to that.

LK, thanks for starting the new thread. And it's great to find you all here :)

Amanda, my sympathies for the loss of your furry friend. I do hope you made it through that storm without losing your power.

I got Patti's card yesterday. Should be able to get it mailed tomorrow. I'm hoping it will arrive by Tuesday!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Michelle

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Patti is having a birthday! I also have a card in hand so trying to behave. :)
Hope everyone is enjoying the longer days and some sunshine, even if it's not very warm yet. I'm very eager for spring.

xo
A.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather here hasn't been great. I want spring so bad. I think I will go to Lowes. See yea later.

Nothing like a shopping trip to make you feel better.

Ladies, don't forget to get those cards in the mail. Patti's Birthday is Tuesday!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Here comes patti's birthday!!!

Just realized today that it's Sain't patty's day. haha hahah. Will wear green in your honor.

xo
A.

Cville_Gardener has the chocolate swap.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1353570/

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy St. Patrick day all.

I received a beautiful birthday card from Linda Kay today. I had a bad day at work today ,and it really lifted my spirit today.
Thank you.
Patti

This message was edited Mar 17, 2014 10:08 PM

Glad it arrived to lift your spirits!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Good morning Patti (and friends)!!!

Happy birthday dear sweet lady. I hope you have fair weather and a lovely day.

xox
A.

Happy Birthday Patti! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ladies,
Thank up for the wonderful birthday wishes. I hope you ladies are having a wonderful day also.
Patti

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

xxoxox

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.

Patti, I do hope you had a most wonderful birthday! Meant to post this much sooner... Your card is on its way... Mailed it on Monday, so it should arrive later in the week. And, as usual, it is signed by me and my guide dog :)

Have a wonderful day!

Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Michelle,
I love your card you sent me. I will treasure it. I am home the sinusitis along with flu. Yes I Had the flu shot, but I work around sick people everyday. It started on my birthday and still going strong. Trying to keep myself hydrated . I really appreciate the wonderful cards and well wishes. I am going back to bed.
Have a good evening.
Patti

Ladies, time to get the next card lined up and ready for the mail box.

Amanda has a birthday coming up on April 6th!

Patti, glad to her your getting cards! Hope your feeling better soon!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1355096/

Come on over for April!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.