E-mail was hacked, who got spammed?

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Yesterday morning, shortly after I had sent an e-mail to someone with a business offer, my e-mail account was hacked. I must have gotten a dozen or more of those daemon-mailer notices that an e-mail didn't go through. Some of the names on those were to old e-mail addresses in my contact list, but others were vaguely familiar, but not in my contacts. My question is, what are the chances that someone I contacted, got the spam? I don't know if I should e-mail her and apologize, in case she got it. I don't want her to think that if she deals with me she is going to get all sorts of spam. I've never met this woman, but we do have a common interest, which is why a friend of mine got the e-mail address for me.

Deb

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!