2014 PLANT SWAP SIGN UP & CHAT

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM All Last Day of FEB & Still Another Month or 2 Before any swapping will be done but feel free
to list a few Plants you might be looking for or if you have Questions about any plants .

if you have questions on how to pack & ship plants please feel free to ask its easy & We have fun doing this as for any guidelines I will post them in APRIL Or when we get ready to trade .

If your new to Daves & Want a great way to add to your Gardens FOR POSTAGE Please join us .

we will try to answer all your questions here if we can .

YOU CAN PUT YOUR HAVES & WANTS AT THIS LINK
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1351861/

HERE IS THE APRIL BULB SIGN UP

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1352017/

This message was edited Mar 2, 2014 9:39 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Posting to keep my spot!

Zone 9

sun or shade plants/bulbs

This message was edited Mar 1, 2014 10:42 AM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm in!!!!!!! Yah, been waiting all winter for this one, Thanks Susie!!!

Are we going to start with a bulb swap in April like last year...(for those of us still contending with snow(s)?

we sure can Kathy I'm not sure I will be thawed out in APRIL But I can share BULBS & TUBERS :) do ya think i should open another thread for the Bulb Trade ?
Or have them just sign up here for it ?

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I'ld ask for some others input when they get here. Personally I think you can keep it here, it's such a nice way to start things out... I just LOVE the bulbs I got last year!!!!!. If it's too early to plant when received they can be held indoors til one can get to them or pot them as I did til ready to go into the garden. when the ground is ready..... Linda Kay...any input??? Besides that we have to make it easier on Susie...lol

Thanks again for hosting this year!!!!

Elk Horn, KY

i'm definitely in! really enjoy this swap!

I will go with the flow. It may be easier if we keep it all on this thread?

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I've never done a spring bulb swap-- lilies, of course, but what else?

Judging by this winter's weather so far, I'll probably still be frozen until mid-month- April, I mean. But it sounds like fun, if I have anything to offer :-)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh, I see its a mail swap. How does this work? The plants are mailed of course but how do you know who wants what? Or do you just go by what they post they want? Sorry kinda cofused. Will keep watching the thread. Ronna

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm probably in for April or May.

Pam Many of us will still have be digging out :) but now & then our stores Like home depot , Menards , wal-mart & others have a few spring bulbs . & there are online Spring Bulb Sales , you do not have to send a huge box of bulbs , just share what you can that is it .

Ronna , yes this is by mail you do not have to send just what is on someones wish list
you just share what you have , no matter what type .

as Kathy said we can pot them up till we can put them into the ground .:) I Have many of my Bulbs In Pots buried in the ground so if the snow is gone i can Bring the pots up & get the bulbs .

if you find that your gardens are up & you have other type of plants to share you are welcome to do so.

Its fun opening a box of SURPRISES

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I havn't done this for a while, may I join in?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

So we only send to the person we are pared up with.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think that's the way we did it last year. Susie will confirm.

Last year's thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1305151/

Yes Rona I try to pair you up with another member in the same zone as you are in.

Also when you List your HAVE"S & WANT"S Please ADD Your ZONE if it is not listed in your profile . also if you would like SHADE ---SUN ----PT--SHADE Plants . If you want or perfer NAMED Or Not .

this will be posted on the thread also . well off to get my day started coffee is gone
so BBL

Spring bulbs can include lilies, tulips, caladium, hostas,...

http://www.brecks.com/category/Bulbs&p=0751691&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google?gclid=CMOTz4Lk8bwCFRAV7AodLCUAZA

Also Irises , EE Dahlias, GLADS ,
More sale here
http://www.michiganbulb.com/category/Flower_Bulbs

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

I'd like to join! I don't have a lot of bulbs but they are everywhere in the stores right now and I wouldn't mind picking some up for the swap. :). I have lots of cuttings I'm rooting also and plants I can divide.

WELCOME SUNSHINE :) WE CAN USE LOTS OF IT RIGHT NOW :)

I'm Sure that we will have allot more player's by APRIL :)
well time for me to shut this down GN all

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

I would Love to get in on this! Iv never done this before however Im more than willing to go out of my way to prove myself! GO GO MI Gals! I grew up within 20 miles you! :) hehe. looking forward to the rules and getting my have list around. Over 1/2 will be commercial, we just bought our house less than a year ago and have been working on the landscaping. Have a Great Night, Amanda

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'd like to join Susie!

Sue G

GM & Welcome Badcat & Sueg
want to remind you all to PLEASE Send me your address
Put I Have some but I Want to make sure sure they are Current for your partners . I Think I Will have to OPEN A New Thread
For the BULB Swap Because I Have been getting Dmails
About the Plant swaps but some Don't have Bulbs so want to wait for plants only & visa so we can still chat here .

As some of you Know I'm getting a little forget full :) & Mixed up at times so Here is the new link Just if you want in on the BULB swap . if your in warmer climate & have other plants to share you can still sign up . just list type of bulbs you can grow .

Link for Susie bulb swap!

oops sorry See i told ya I"M Forgetful :) thank you LK

I think I'll stick to just plants, as usual. We've been so frozen this year I really don't know what we're going to find when we get there-- whenever that may be! We can't go at the end of March if there's still a lot of snow and ice, it's way too treacherous, especially for DH. Our entrances are all natural stone paths and steps, beautiful in the summer, but not now. We can manage with a light snowfall, but not the accumulations this year brought. All we would need is for one of us to slip and fall--yikes!!!

But by May I'll be raring to go, promise! :-)

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg

Pam, that is beautiful!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, some pix of areas we've never seen til now...lol.. Love 'em all. Yup, doen'st look like those first 2 be be great for shoveling.....

Susie..last year we were able to sign up for each month we were interested in, will that be the same this year?

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Just looked at TODAYS ARTICLES (upper right on home page) How To Have A Fabby Cottage Garden! Great article that we all need to remember: AMMEND YOUR SOILS!!!! then I went to her site Annies's Annuals.com I happen to click on Poppies video/slideshow. WOW!!!!!!!! Super Pretty!!! Now I'm inspired.. Got plenty of seed of many vareties (thanks susies for the new ones). OH IF I COULD JUST MIMIC SOME OF HER PLANTINGS.....scrumptious! Just had to share, go look for yourselves..lol AHHHH, spring is almost here.... Kathy

Yes Kathy Just sign up for the month you want to play we might not do any in July & Aug Pending on the weather .

Oh pam you have a Lovely place your so lucky Just love it :)
Sun Is out but not Quite warm enough to melt my snow piles

snow snow GO AWAY Don't come Back Till NEW YEARS DAY 2020 :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Just wanted to remind everyone to go sign up on the BULB SWAP THREAD If you want to JOIN.

& LK Can you up-date it on the new swaps or monthly swaps

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Susie.....I'ld LOVE to share in alllll that snow, just ship my direction...lol.

Thanks, you all... OMG Susie, you do have a enough snow for one season! I bet our place looks like that now too, but without the shoveling! The pics I posted are from a spring snow storm last year, only a couple of inches. But on the NE forum, someone near us still has huge drifts, melts and turns to ice, then snows again on top. And another biggie supposed to hit tonight. What a winter!

I've been looking at all the gorgeous things on Annie's, Wow! Zone envy for sure... But we'll get there too, spring has to come eventually :-)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I had to laugh….the other day the news was reporting that many of the mountain towns (ski resorts) had received about 400" of snow this season…and the 2 most snowiest months are March and April. They have already received the seasons average, so anything else between now and mid May is a pure bonus!! Sure would like to see those clouds make it over the mountains and dump on us or should I say me!! LOL. All I can say I'm glad I don't have to shovel.

I Went over to annies this morning to place an order My order came to 25.00 & they wanted $25. to ship ARE YOU KIDDING ME for 4 plants 3-4" plants Not when I can order from Bluestone $50. & less then $15. Postage.
well its been Quite a day . you all have a great evening .

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would love to join, but I only have cannas and plants some tropicals. I can buy local bulbs if someone wants them or even from ebay. Is this two separate swaps plants and bulbs?

There is not 2 separate swaps I Opened this thread for actually to see How many would like to start Plant swap in April.
Many of us in the NORTH & West Will still be Knee Deep in Snow so WWKATHY Reminded me About Our BULB Swap we Had Last APRIL It was Great So This is why I Opened A BULB SWAP For April So Ones that are still Knee Deep can still Play.
All of you In the SUNSHINE States are welcome to send PLANTS , & Or Bulbs to your Partners I would Worn to Pack them in NEWSPAPER So their leaves & roots won't freeze :) .
April Should start warming up for us .

Patti you can share what ever you have just keep in mind if you get a northern partner they may not have any plants to share but mostly all BULBS .

anyway anyone that would like to play along Please Join us Here

Have i confused you more ? I'm sorry :)

also just a Tip if you plan to buy bulbs from the Local wal-mart please check them out if you can ,i bought $30.last spring astilbes, & a couple ferns , & clematis did not grow & You cannot get your money back , the 50 Glads for $6.97 Were BEAUTY FUL :)

it will help your partner allot if you can list a few type of Bulbs you can grow in your area .
Ty you all for being patient & Understanding of me :)
when i don't make since :)

you are making sense to me, Susie. I guess we have more snow tommorrow on the way.. *sigh*

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I can buy bulbs for my partner if need be. Ok I am in.

czimmerman00 did you want in on the BULB swap if so come on over & Post please :)

GN all TV Time :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Another idea is you could oder from a mail order source and have them shipped directly.... Just a thought.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.