Central Fl. RU

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Date is April 12, 2014
Place is my home just so. of Clermont.
If any interest is shown will post further details.
Bonnie

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

You know I will be there! :-)

Shauna

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I will try!!

Just bought some seeds so need to get busy!!!
Sandy

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

GREAT
Sandy will you pass the word to other Jacksonville group as I don't see them anymore on the forums.
I will call Molly Mac and e-mail Norma and a couple of others that I have e-mail addresses for.

Shauna, bring anybody along with you.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I'll have to miss this - I'll be floating in the Atlantic Ocean on a cruise ship...................

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Quilter was hopping you would make this one but happy cruising.

Linda will try if her health let's her. Bonnie can not come as that day is her husband's birthday

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'd love to go. It all depends on how well Gail will be, if my dad is still here, the tides, the moon, etc. I have noted it in my agenda. It would be so nice to meet all these cyberfriends.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

I really hope you are there.
Sandy

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Have to miss it this year.... maybe next. will be nice to live so close to you. hop, skip, jump up 27.

It will be very nice

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Sylvain, sure hope you can make it. Change of scenery is good for us.

tcs, I understand you can't make RU but you can always call me and come down anytime. Plant nuts make the best friends. I always have some plants to share. I think you bought home near Leesburg so you can jump down 27. I am not hard to find coming from that way.
Been in same home 45 years and had business here 32 years so lots of people can guide you out to my place. I'm pretty good at giving directions.

Boy have I got plenty to do before RU. Keeps me busy and off the streets. LOL

Bonnie

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Bonnie -- closing is May 15th, but I can't get down here until Oct at the earliest as I have to work in WI. but I'll be back next winter for sure. will have to look you up when i get settled.

Terese

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Great Terese.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a lot to learn with FLA gardening.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

It is quite different than gardening up north. Took me a while to adjust and sometmes the bugs get furious but there is always a cure. I haven't had a garden but for about 10 years cause working and raising kids takes time. I sure enjoy it now plus my fish.

Fish? What kind of fish? I have a tank full of water and about 20 cichlids that are in perpetual hiding. I may sell them off and get some fish that actually swim around. I've kept cichlids for about 40 years, and never have I ever seen such fish live in hiding, only swimming out to feed.

Take care, everyone.
Sylvain.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Koi and a couple of gold fish. You had better come and see them.

Bonnie. Could you please put me down for 2 . I will be down to visit my Aunt and will bring her to meet her first group of DGers. She lives about an hour away. We are excited about being able to join you for this. We may not have much to share. But she still wants to be able to come and learn about how this all works.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Mud,
That is wonderful. ya'll come. Call me for directions. 352-394-4883 land line
352-223-1611 cell. Always near phone after dark cause can't work outside then.

Bonnie

I'll keep your numbers in my cell phone for further reference.

Sylvain.

Thanks Bonnie,, I saved the info and barring her going to the hospital for any reason,, we will be there.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I plan on being there...marked my calendar.

-Sherri

I fell today and broke my right wrist
oh well, will teach the yard guys how to plant seeds!!!!

Ohhh. No. So sorry.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Wren,
Are you in a cast? Truly sorry cause I know this time of year your trying to get your gardens coming back.

right now a termp cast, should get a better one tomorrow

Will you still be able to come? I was looking forward to introducing my aunt to as many Forida gardener says I can. And I wanted to meet you too! Lol.

I an drive the car and am going to get my yard guys to help me start some more seed, so am still planning to come

Great!!! I am driving down from Alabama on Thursday or Friday, will go back home on Sunday. Spending a couple of nights with my Aunt Marilyn. Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I'm still planning on going, marked my calendar, not bringing my snake. She'll stay home with Not-The-Daddy.

Sylvain.

sylvian i would not mind the snake lol

You are kind, but we must think of Lucy's welfare. She wouldn't be comfortable in an air-conditionned car all the way from here to the RU, all day at the event and the return trip home. She had better stay with Not-The-Daddy.

Sylvain.

I like snakes too...

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I would love to have a black snake out in my garden. Used to have one that followed along while I was weeding. Now rattlesnakes I don't like. They aren't allowed here. In 45 years have only had 2 and that was enough.

Sylvain,
Checked the map last night. You have quite a ride but I'm sure it will be worth it. Lucky you living on the coast. I'm sure it's beautiful there. I'm originally a beach fanatic. The coast of RI is no where as beautiful as our coastline here.

It's quite cool here today and a little windy so I'm out to dip off leaves from the ponds. They are just loaded. Needs be done at least twice a day. Oak bloom is falling now. Ug!

I have a huge rat snake living in my shed, well it was there a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen a rat around here since. ☺ I don't like rats...would much rather have the snake.

I've never ever seen a rattler in all my years of living in FL, but have when we were camping in GA.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

In our area of Leesburg, along with the "good" snakes, we are supposed to have Pygmy Rattlers, regular Rattlers and Water moccasins, and maybe some Coral.

watch out for the water moccasin they are much more aggressive than the others and they are more than likely to give a full bite.
the pigmy is next on the most diedly
the larger rattler does not always inject venom
if the bite feels like a needle injection there is no venom injection, if burns a little venom is injected, BUT if it feels like a lite cigarette was been ground into you skin

but remember not to panic as you usally have 4+ hours to get help
DO NOT let any one tie any thing above the bit you anything below it
DO NOT put ice an the bit

AND DO NOT TRY TO Kill THE SNAKE WITH A SHOVEL OR AX AS MOST PEOPLE ARE BITE TRYING TO KILL A SNAKE

Sylvain, Snake or no snake I do hope you can make the long trip and be at the RU.
Looking forward to meeting some of the new folks and seeing those that I've met over the years once again.

Do you post a plant trade list for this or do we just bring what we have and then trade plants? Also I make some pretty beachy type items I can trade for plants too. I will mostly want plants for my Aunt as she is the reason I am making the trip!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.