Moving to Lilse, IL

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Well folks, I just accepted a job in Lisle, IL and start on 3/10, so I won't be at this year's Spring Swap, but I do have a few succulent cuttings I was going to bring. If someone would care to pick them up by next Tuesday, they can do what they wish with them, just let me know if you're interested and we can make arrangements for you to come over. I'll be lurking on this forum, so don't think you can get away with bad-mouthing me behind my back (as if any of you fine riff-raff would do so). We plan to return to Mesa when were both retired, so you haven't sen the last of me.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm pretty jealous, both of the job and the location! I'm close and will come get anything you want to give away on any day. I can then share it with everyone else.

Rene

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Rene,

You have my number, call me whenver you're ready to come over.

Brian

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Brian, you have been a joy. Good luck and you and your family be safe.

Sharon

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sharon. For now it's just me going, a Steph can etire this year and it doesn't make sense to quit when she's so close to retirement and the benefits she's earned.

Mesa, AZ

Congratulations! Glad to know you will still be lurking, this group of rag-tag riff-raff gardeners needs all the watching, and laughter it can get.

Keep us updated, don't just lurk. Once the blast furnace begins (and before the high humidity in IL) we will be envious of all the wonderful things you can grow there. Of course, the winters will be a reverse of the envy.....

Susie

Phoenix, AZ

Good luck!

Gilbert, AZ

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead for you! Soooo, what happens to Larry? I'm with Susie, don't just lurk.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm not taking Larry!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Larry stays for now to keep Steph company, but hopefully we'll be in a house next year and he'll be moving with us.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Good luck in your new endeavor.

Dolan Springs, AZ(Zone 9a)

Be safe and have fun!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Made it safely to Lisle and so did the stapeliads. Stapelia rufa bloomed while boxed during the move, so 5 days without sunlight doesn't seem to have have any adverse effects.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Mesa, AZ

It just wanted to welcoome you to the new house! Glad you arrived safely.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

How is the weather. I was in Illinois once in the summer and I froze.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

We're under a winter storm watch with 5"-8" inches possible between tonight and tomorrow morning. Another stapeliad bloomed today; this is Stapelia kwebensis.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Gilbert, AZ

Oh geez! Moving north in the winter seems like it would be as brutal as moving to the Phoenix area in the summer!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

We got here and got settled in before the (hopefully) last storm of winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.