Clematis Vienetta

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi.

Does anybody know where to buy Clematis Vienetta ?

Thanks.

Rodica

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Did you try Google to find it?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I did everything I could to find it. There is a company that had it but it is out of stock and they might get it sometimes this spring. No promises. :O(

I guess you'll end up on a few waiting lists so you can be notified when they have them back in stock. When they do notify you LEAP at the chance to buy it.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

That is my intention. I will get a couple just to make sure if my husband kills one , I still have another.

Is it a case of being too diligent with the weed whacker?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

My husband name on Dave's is the Prunator, but in this instant it was a case of not watering it .
I was not in the garden much that summer after my mom passing and , obviously , he just forgot to do it. I lost several trees and plants that summer.

Sorry to hear about your mom and the plants.

Use some reconstituted water crystals in the planting hole to try and avoid the problem in the future. It won't relieve you of all watering but will help out much more than a total lack of water. A good 2 to 3" of mulch will also be a huge help.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

The clematis was in a big pot and I had it for years. They call me 'The Pot Lady' since I have over 300 pots with plants and until I took a brake from watering, all of them were OK.
I know he did the best he could and I do not blame him for that. There are too many for a person who is not nuts about plants to handle.

Let's hope this year will be much better. You do need a break!

Don't give up on the clematis you think is gone but don't go overboard and give it too much water. Just water thoroughly and wait until new green shoots appear. Many of us clematis lovers have had them return to life when we were sure they were history.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I had that happen to me too but this one was dead. I do not remove any plants that look dead for several months, just to make sure. No doubts on this one unfortunately. :O(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.