Mixing slip at home?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Howdy, y'all! It been awhile since I checked in and there's so many new threads to look at!
I saw the one about molds and got curious about anyone's experience with mixing their own slip at home. I have a few molds that I'd like to start playing with again, one being my "Perfect Plate". It' a mold I made of a bowl I'd thrown, and it truly is my favorite! Trouble is, It takes a lot of slip to make a pile of these plates, and I'm having trouble finding or affording cone six slip.
Have any of you made your own slip at home? When I was in school they had fancy mixers, which are also hard to find or afford. I even tried kludging up a rig using a strong hand drill on a wooden stand over a bucket - but it didn't quite work.
Experiences? Suggestions?

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!