Who recognizes this daff?

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Do not remember from whom I purchased. I didn't think one like this would do well in my S TX garden, but this is the 2nd year it's come back. I'm thrilled and would love to know its name so I can get some more. Thanks for your help

Thumbnail by vossner Thumbnail by vossner
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I believe it to be N. Ice King. http://daffseek.org/query/query-detail.php?cultivar=Ice%20King&lastpage=1&

I love it and always look forward to it blooming since planting it in 2007 from Touch of Nature. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

hello patti, are you guys thawing out? I hope so. I def. did not order, but so glad it snuck thru whatever else I got. Maybe I will try to get some more in future years.

thanks for your help

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I have a few that I can't figure out either. As Ice King is double form of Ice Follies, you may have gotten it if you ordered any N. Ice Follies. Interesting to find things unordered, but it has happened to me too. Had a beautiful day outside all day pruning and cleaning up winter damage, but the cold will come back next week. Saw some swelling buds on N. Rijnveld's Early Sensation which is always the first to bloom here. But not holding my breath. Ice King is readily available so you should have no trouble finding them again. Mine have multiplied nicely, but I don't live in Texas. Patti

You made me remember that one year I found (locally) Ice Follies bags for 10 cents ea and planted. Bought about 40 and what I was expecting never showed, just a few of these doubles. I'm not going to complain.

thanks for your help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.