tree dreams

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

Last night I dreamt all the small trees I've planted over the past few years had completely leafed out. It was an overwhelming feeling of panic seeing them in full foliage. All of them: Dawn Redwood, Fringe Tree, Magnolias, etc. We're supposed to have temps of around 40F today (no, really!), which is probably the source of my dream. You know you're suffering with a serious case of cabin fever when you start having dreams like this. The good news is I don't think I have to worry about this actually happening anytime soon. No wait, that's the bad news...

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I dreamed that I was at a farmers market, and saw some really nice ears of corn that I knew my dear spouse would love to have.

Promptly paid $68.00 for a dozen - had to scrape together loose change to make the total.

What's up with THAT...

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

Kind of corny, John, but sounds like twoo luv to me.

BTW, here's a cultivar name for corn: Zea 'Purple Maize'. That would make Jimi so happy.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow Pseudo, how long is it until your area actually leafs out? Late April?

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

Quote from Sequoiadendron4 :
Wow Pseudo, how long is it until your area actually leafs out? Late April?

Early to mid may would be more common.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh my gosh! I think I would die if I had to wait that long!

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

I try not to dwell on it, but weather obsession becomes more problematic as winter drags on. I'm a bit of a basketball nut, and March seems to go by pretty fast. BTW, we're supposed to get another 5"-8" of snow today. Haven't you had an unusual amount of snow this year?

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah I saw you're in for a nice coating. I read the NWS report in your area and it looked more like 6-12 for the Eau Claire area. You're going to have a lot of fun with that blustery wind too. Good luck!

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

I had earlier wrote that we get heavy, wet snow in late March and early April, but can also get it in mid February. I'm just hoping we don't wake up without power. This is some sticky stuff, but beautiful. Just took the dog out for a short walk and we were both digging it.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Well with the wind you were supposed to get I hope you have power too!

Warrenton, VA

Here in VIrginia, it's an annual game to throw fertilizers, lime, grass seed, etc., on the lawn, right before it snows again...LOL!
This year has really been a gamble so far - it acted like a 1960's winter for once, and was cold and snowy. Yesterday, we got 4 inches, and all I could think of was how fortunate I was to have a nice day and the TIME to get out there and put my lawn stuff down, including the Holllytone...
It has snowed in April here in Northern Virginia...
It's ok, and its the BEST way to water the ground, methinks.

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

There's an old saying that a spring snow is a poor man's fertilizer, or something to that effect. I'm not sure if there's any truth to that, but I sure like the thought of it.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I agree for sure that it's the best way to water! I always say that. Less run off and nice and slow.

Warrenton, VA

When it snows, I lift my face to heaven and rejoice, along with my plants...! Enjoy this beautiful almost-springlike day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.