Yay!!!!! I'm back!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Just found out someone had paid for a membership for me back in Jan. Would like to thank whoever that was. I'm happy to be back, as I've really missed everyone on here, and even though some of you are on my facebook, it's just not the same.

I'm still out of work, and have not been able to collect unemployment, but hopefully soon, and I will get some retro. I have been lucky enough to have had a lot of money in the form of earned leave and bonuses when I was let go, and in Nov, when that money was running out, I cashed in my 403B, which gave me enough to survive into Jan. Then I got some money back from the nursing home where Dad had been. But now I'm pretty close to broke, so I'm hoping the unemployment will begin soon. I have been going to local food pantries, so I haven't been starving, and my youngest DS (who shares the house with me, but is living with a special needs woman) and my DN (who lives here with me) both help out with the Comcast, propane and electric. I need a job soon, though, and tomorrow I'm going to make the rounds of all the local nurseries/garden centers, as that's the kind of work I really want to be doing, and now is the best time to let them know I'm looking and very motivated, with lots of plant/gardening knowledge.

Anyhow, I've been enjoying all the time off, and I find plenty to keep me busy, but I don't like being broke, so I really need to work. If I had my druthers, I would not work and just put all my efforts into my gardening, and work it into a full time business, but I haven't hit the lottery, so I must work.

Can't wait to see the daylilies blooming again!

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

the best way to grow your dl collection might be trading, since you have limited funds to buy with. I know I have did some trading locally and that is how I got alot of mine. Someday I want to win the jackpot lottery too, but that will be a miraculous occasion because I have never bought a ticket LOL

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome Back! Sorry to hear about your job loss. I will pray you find a job soon.
Glad somebody was kind enough to pay your membership. Daylily season wouldn't be the same without you.
Hope things start looking up for you soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, you two! I'm glad to be back. I am soooo longing for warmer weather. I just want to the snow to melt so I can get out there and do some burning and brush cutting, like I do every year. Doesn't have to be super warm.

Frilly, I am working on some trades with some people on some groups on facebook, and someone on ATP has contacted me about trading as well, so I will be getting some new stuff.

Karen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Glad you are back Karen!!!

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I hear ya about the snow, it has been over a week now since I seen the GROUND!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

FrillyLilly, I thought you moved to Oklahoma.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Karen, sorry to hear about the job loss. I know how you feel. Like Taylordaylily I will be praying that you find something soon. Mike

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hey Karen,
I have been missing in action the past couple of months - but trying to catch up with everyone! So sorry to hear you are unemployed ..... I'm sure my time is coming, and I pray it is later instead of sooner, but I am trying as best I can to prepare. Althought there is no good way to prepare for a total loss of income! Good thing you have others in your household to help with the basics so you don't have to worry as much about staying warm! Why the delay in the unemployment? Hopefully they will get that resolved quickly for you! I know it isn't the same as a paycheck - but at least it would help!

Looking forward to DL season myself and some warmer temps..................... it has been a LONG winter!

Genna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.