Yay! I'm back!!!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Just found out someone had paid for a membership for me back in Jan. Would like to thank whoever that was. I'm happy to be back, as I've really missed everyone on here, and even though some of you are on my facebook, it's just not the same.

I'm still out of work, and have not been able to collect unemployment, but hopefully soon, and I will get some retro. I have been lucky enough to have had a lot of money in the form of earned leave and bonuses when I was let go, and in Nov, when that money was running out, I cashed in my 403B, which gave me enough to survive into Jan. Then I got some money back from the nursing home where Dad had been. But now I'm pretty close to broke, so I'm hoping the unemployment will begin soon. I have been going to local food pantries, so I haven't been starving, and my youngest DS (who shares the house with me, but is living with a special needs woman) and my DN (who lives here with me) both help out with the Comcast, propane and electric. I need a job soon, though, and tomorrow I'm going to make the rounds of all the local nurseries/garden centers, as that's the kind of work I really want to be doing, and now is the best time to let them know I'm looking and very motivated, with lots of plant/gardening knowledge.

Anyhow, I've been enjoying all the time off, and I find plenty to keep me busy, but I don't like being broke, so I really need to work. If I had my druthers, I would not work and just put all my efforts into my gardening, and work it into a full time business, but I haven't hit the lottery, so I must work.

Can't wait to see these blooming again!

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Glad to catch up with you, Karen! No doubt any of the local nurseries would be lucky to have you. It should help you to get your feet moving in the job world.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Rosemary! I hope I can find one who needs help.

Karen

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woohoo!!!!! Looking forward to seeing picks of your pretties, Karen

Praying they see what a fount of knowledge you are and scoop you up.

Thomaston, CT

Nice to have you back, Karen! Hope you find a job soon.....I'm hoping to see anything blooming soon....very depressing time of year for me.....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Good to see here again Karen! Good luck with the job hunting!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yes glad your back and really hope you find work soon!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Welcome back Karen and good luck with job hunting!!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Good to hear from you. Best wishes for a short and successful job hunt.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.