NEW BABY SILKIES AND BANTAM COCHINS

Bridgewater, ME

Cochins,the two little black ones are silkies one is a showgirl.The mama silkie has a little black one peeking up over her wing

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Awwwww! Cute chicks, dutiful mammas.

Bridgewater, ME

Got new bator chicks,will post pics tomorrow

Bridgewater, ME

Silkies and Showgirls,this is the new heater I am trying.they seem to like it.You can raise it up two notches as they grow.These ones are sold,lady coming today to gethe silkies, maybe not the showgirls,they might go out in the coop under broodies

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
(Zone 6b)

Well, I am guessing they are partridge silkies. Where did you get the eggs, if I may ask? They are lovely. I've been shopping online all afternoon for a partridge silkie rooster. :( I just don't know if any of them are as pretty as the roosters I lost. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cldb18sn3Ak&list=UU1ialBy__rhI_06Tf0NpfMw&feature=c4-overview

Please excuse the floor, I had pulled up the carpet. Had the rooster in the house for some unknown reason, and he began to fight the rooster in the mirror, so I took this video. What a nice bird he was. I could just kick myself for not breeding him. What I'm really looking for are the white feathers in the tail. People are selling partridge silkies, but they don't all have the white in the cushion like he had.

Bridgewater, ME

I Have had some pretty silkie roosters but never one with white in the tail.These babies and all babies from now on will be from my own stock.Wished you lived closer.This is one of my partridge roosters from last year

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

Showgirl baby

Thumbnail by green04735
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

What are showgirls?

(Zone 6b)

Cajun, showgirls are a mix of Turkens, those chickens that don't have any feathers on their neck, and silkies. So they have the fluff of the Silkie and no feathers on the neck.

Turkens are also called Naked Necks. Showgirl was just a funny name they gave them. They are really adorable birds. They seem to be livelier and smarter than the regular silkies.

There used to be a video online of a little boy playing with his pet Turken chicken. It was really cute.

Not sure how many generations they bred before they perfected the Showgirls, but I am sure it was several. Brenda Gamble in Texas was one of the first breeders of them, if I am not mistaken.

Bridgewater, ME

More pics of showgirls,the boys are called showgirls to

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I am sure they are sweet birds but they are not much to look at. Are the roos called show boys?

(Zone 6b)

To each his own, Cajun, but I think they are adorable! I also still want an O'Shamo, and they are quite huge and ugly birds. Lol. At this point I cannot imagine feeding them. These little bantam chickens are bad enough. The sparrows and squirrels also think I am their meal ticket.

I need to post pictures of these Birchen Modern Game chickens. Talk about strange looking. Yet they never cease to make me smile when I see them. They also have a very delicate way about them I never would have expected. It is almost like they are little babies I feel I need to protect. Their little legs are very long and fragile. Not an aggressive bone in their little bodies, at least not that I am aware of. When I first saw them at the poultry show they almost seemed quite sinister looking. Haha. I bought them as sort of a joke.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

If I remember correctly the shamo (sp?) Is a game bird and quite large. Make sure you only get one roo. If not you will have to keep them separated or one will kill the other.

north coast nsw, Australia

Naked necks and silkies. hehe! love them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.