How can I rekindle my interest in quilting?

Cedartown, GA

I'm an off and on quilter, by which I mean sometimes I'm crazy about sewing and quilting and can't wait to get going, and at other times I couldn't care less about anything fabric and quilting.
Anybody else ever feel the same way? Right now I'm on a big down swing, I can't even get the energy to pick up one of the many unfinished projects that litter the house.
In fact I'm starting to doubt if quilting is the thing for me. I've done it for years, with varying degrees of success ...but I'm all out of new ideas, I can't follow a pattern worth a lick and to make things worse, my hands feel a bit arthritic.
So, do any of you quilters ever feel like this and if so, what do you do to get over it? I could use a bit of constructive advice.

This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!