The beauty of winter

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

The midwest is in the midst of a winter storm today and schools and businesses have told everyone to stay home and wait out the snow fall. I took a quick look outside and thought 'how lovely' - the snow makes everything look peaceful and clean.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not much one can ad to that !!! Winter snow and your own personal Holiday and Greeting cards ,,Live , right before your eyes .
Mine aren't as clear as taken in the dark..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Munster, IN(Zone 5b)

What a lovely garden!. Our snow is too high to see anything!

Thumbnail by martyR
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Snowfall totaled 10-11.5 inches (depending on what part of town and who did the reading), but today is clear, sunny and cold (2 degrees at 8:00 am - 6 degrees at Noon and 8 degrees at 3:00 pm). The snow is very light and crisp, so the wind caused drifts in parts of the garden. The neighborhood kids are enjoying a 'snow day' break from school and many businesses opened late, to allow workers time to 'dig out' before going to work.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Munster, IN(Zone 5b)

Sounds about like us. We have a small lot and the snow is piled all over. I admire your landscaping. It has been my dream to improve our lot, but my retired mechanic DH is such a perfectionist that it is slow going getting him to do the work. He is getting into the vegetable gardening though and has helped me engineer several raised beds and grow lights. There's just nothing like being able to walk all around your place and see what growing, blooming. Even the snow is pretty, though enough already. i'll bet we have have a good growing season this year because of it!

This message was edited Feb 6, 2014 7:58 PM

This message was edited Feb 10, 2014 9:02 AM

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Another round of snow yesterday gave a fresh, new look to the garden. We certainly need the moisture this show will produce.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Munster, IN(Zone 5b)

There's always something to see in Nature. Although it has been mostly too cold to walk outside much, I try to get some exercise and viewing when shoveling. LOL -here's my DH yesterday. And the sunny days are beautiful-even through the windows.

Thumbnail by martyR Thumbnail by martyR
Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

Winter apparently didn't get the memo that spring has arrived. Here's a few pics from this morning. It's very pretty, but warm weather is preferred.

Thumbnail by Pseudo Thumbnail by Pseudo Thumbnail by Pseudo Thumbnail by Pseudo
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pretty ,, and EEE-YEOW with an EEEEK!!!

Pines and evergreens look sooo nice in the snow .. I agree about the warmer weather ,,

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

What beautiful photos! We're finally having a little spring weather. The Star Magnolia and Saucer Magnolia trees are bursting. I saw these on my drive home from the store yesterday. The hyacinths along my fence are starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.