CLOSED: ♥♥♥ February 2014 Chat ♥♥♥

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Checking in to save my spot.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi LK. I do hope Sooze posts again sometime. I miss her. and I hope everyone has made it through the ice and snow okay.

I found you!!!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Has some thing bad happened to Sooze?

She is on Facebook. She never mentioned anything.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I am here too.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I Think The SOOZE Your Chatting about is FRUITY Yes I 'm still around also

Hey Susie.. Where is everyone. Watching the Super Bowl??

Thanks for checking in everyone.

Ok, you are here, and now we need Fruity and Faye, and Nener, and Carolyn and...let me see I know we have friends trading and swapping something, so I am going to post some pics of some things ya all can see if you want any of seeds, or the plant. I am needing to get rid of duplicates. Also, has anyone started a windchime swap yet? Or the Rock swap? This is some red IOCHROMA. It already blooed twice. I have cuttings rooting of it already. oh and where is Kathy?

This message was edited Feb 2, 2014 8:00 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm not on Facebook. I don't think anything bad has happened to Fruity. She just isn't on DG anymore. At least for a long time.

Glad everyone is finding the new thread.

Which Kathy do you mean, Debra?

Beautiful plant Debra. What color is it?
Kathy is going to open the windchime swap sometime in February.
Have not heard anyone mention a rock swap yet. Feel free to open one if you want.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2014 8:30 AM

I'll check back in later today off to town for blood draw if i can get out of the drive brothers car is Sunk in the yard :) BBL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Red lochroma

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

How does Iochroma grow for you. I got one maybe 3/4 years ago and have tried it both in pots and the ground. I overwinter cuttings in pots, but it is a disappointing plant to say the least. It has a few anemic blooms fairly early and then grows poorly the rest of the summer. What am I doing wrong? Is it too hot here? If that is true, why does it not grow better in the greenhouse in winter. Any suggestions welcomed.

Checking in... My head hurts. I hate rain,,, Was going to get some work done on the kitchen today after I got back from Auburn and I hurt to much to make the trip. So sad......

Sorry Kris your not feeling well. Get some rest!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

So can you believe it no snow for two whole days here. Our driveway actually stayed clean. Tuesday 5 to 8 more inches. Boo. We worked for almost two hours on sunday cleaning the driveway and parking spots. The roads are clean and dry. The sun has been shining today too. So bright outside. Was zero when I left for work at 530 a.m. now it 21. Hope you feel better kris. My dad is sick again maybe double pnumonia? Spelling.

Headache still here. Usuallt doesn't last this long.. I am wearing my new glasses. Hope that isn't the problem. I really like them.

Sorry to hear your dad is sick.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh it could be that kris. Hope not for your sake always takes so long to get them.

my brothers car is still stuck in the rut But tonight he is stuck on the other side of the drive now :) I Told him last summer we needed to build up & Widen the drive No Its fine "HE SAYS " Well He now agree's SISTER Was right . I Had to park over in the Neighbors driveway till tomorrow . the guy who plows for us came with his son to help get jim out of the ditch with no luck his truck 's altanater went out on him & the part won't be in till tomorrow then he will be out to plow . & we have another 3/4 " do here by Later weds .

well my back is hurting so off to lay back soon ya all be well.

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

My yard looked like that for exactly 3 days!!!!

Thumbnail by

our drive if you get off just a tad you slide on down in the yard he may not look stuck but trust me he was .& Now His car is in deeper snow on the other side of the drive so another day of digging out .
well off to play ya all have a great day .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1349395/

Cindy has the birdhouse swap open.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yikes. The snow is so deep on either side of our driveway that would be easy to do. Almlst did it my self several times. Hope he gets out susie.

gee, hope your headache goes away, and all of your family and friends stay healthy and get well fast ya all.

My Iochromas do well for me, they get as tall as a brug does all summer long and then I cut them back.
they sent us home early from the snow.. glad to get it we need the moisture...
It is still snowing and will the rest of the night, that is okk with me too.

Joe shovels the drive and the guys at work bring my car in to deforst before I leave so I am spoiled.
now to get someone to drive me up rock road in to wichita while it is a sheet of ice all the way in the morning..

Headache finally gone. Just played at Crystals for a while. Now driving home in the dark.. What was I thinking of...gasp. lol

Do you still have snow on the ground?

Naa That's all gone. Crystal doesn't want to go on a train ride... whaaaaaa. So I guess I will try to get Ralph to go. Did you know it is only about $400.00 round trip to go from Birmingham to San Antonio?? Very affordable. For some reason it is mutch cheaper if you route it through New Orleans. Like I would hate that...lol Maybe we should all try to get together in New Orleans. I have never been there, but I would love to see the city!!! Plus go on the ghost tours and all the gardens ..think May or even late April.

I have only seen New Orleans as we drove through. Never stopped there.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love N'awlins. :)

Thanks for the info, Debra. I must try lochroma one of these days. My brugs are tucked away down in the garage right now.

No snow here ... a little black ice. I just hunker down when there's black ice. There's not much of it but if you happen to hit a slick patch you can go scooting.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Beautiful bird pics.

I am in Birmingham.. hating my DB.. as I am freezing. Waiting in a line that says no smoking and the guy behind me is smoking.. chocking and freezing..

VERY UNHAPPY ELFIE.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hello Carole!!! The mountain has been removed!! I now can spend more time on DG visiting other sites without being kicked off!! I know you've been hosting this.. and because of my 'ineffiecient' internet service, I have to forego many due visits.
Sorry Carole.. LK.. you too. Time for me to resume yours too and heavens.. the sewing ones!

After almost a year of seeking help, they sent the top senior serviceman, and he came without warning. Guess he didn't believe it's the HQ's fault!! Now I got FULL speed at the max, instead of the usual troublesome 1!!
Blessing in disguise it's fixed today!! And I get to visit.. and there you are talking of my fav. subject New Orleans!! That's my favorite big town. I had lived about an hour's drive from there for 25 years!!!

Kris, if you go to N.O, you must make a tour of some of the gardens, especially the Longview House. I think you can see it online too.

LK, don't stop... stay there for a couple of nights. It's like no other city. The sounds, the sites and the food. Joie de Vivre all around!

Kel and I are supposed to go down to Louisiana next year. Hopefully I can show that boy more of New Orleans!

Black ice is bad, Carole! If you don't have to get into a vehicle, don't. As for Iochromas,.. I killed them!!

Smile Debra!! You know I'm bad with plants!
Hi Ronna!!

Waving to all!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

~~~~Waving back at you, Jaye. So happy about your good 'puter news (I know that has been very frustrating) ... good to see ya. And everyone else that's here.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Carole, thank you for that gregarious wave!!
I had so much problems downloading stuffs, and especially Youtube, with intermittent hiccups! You can't imagine no more frustrations, seamless viewing and I've been catching up on family videos!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Were you affected by the cold weather, snow and ice that headed up the coast recently?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yes, it snowed for 2 days. That's 2 days too many!!
Only one indoors cat braved outside. Marley anyway is part Maine Coon so its not a threatening environment. The others when they put a paw out were fast to put them back in!! lol.
I thank God, that there were no power failure.

This is crazy Marley.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hehehee.. normally I had to wait five minutes if a pic is included, before something posted!!! Not anymore Thank You God!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.