New Additions

Fort Worth, TX

Hi I lurk here alot. Fell in love with Brugs back in the 90's have around 25-30 named plants. In '11 we had a freakish snow storm here in N.Texas both of the GH's froze losses across the board were significant. About 80% of the Brugs returned from their roots. Time has not been my friend the last several summers but this year I will have more. I want to add a few new Brugs to my garden.
Here is what I'm looking for. Brugs that seem to have shown an ability to perform well in our muggy intense heat that goes on for months. Nothing blooms in August here..we get that. But any suggestions that have a good track record. I'm looking for doubles & intense colors.

Thank You for any help Karen

This message was edited Jan 30, 2014 8:47 PM

Mulberry, FL

Hi angels goldface does well here Schlossburg also strong grower Fleming Island Rachel too. Madam Bouvarie has intense color but a single. Angels inspiration's almost a red here too

Fort Worth, TX

Thank you Dana I just purchased a few?? Will look up your suggestions. Some Brugs just are not suited for our weather, others love it. Any thoughts on the ones we purchased?
TY Karen

ANGEL'S SWINGTIME, PINK PERFECTION, CATALONIA, NEW ORLEANS LADY, SUMMERTIME

Mulberry, FL

Pink Perkection does well New orleans lady spring and fall Angels swingtime not so well Catalonia trple if you can get it to bloom very hard Summertimes a spring and fall plant too. I was just selling small flat rate boxes on ebay no names doubles triples and singles heck of a deal. They all grew excellent here but cuttings are over now its time for plants

Fort Worth, TX

Dana Thank you for the info. Will deal with the cuttings with that in mind. Geeze if you have any more PM me I can PayPal anytime. Our heat & humidity so many Brugs are just not happy. We may install a misting system back in the Brug area that kicks on in mid July through August to just keep them going. No matter if the soil is drenched the heat just does a number on the leaves. Till we lost in the freeze Shredded white, Charles Grimaldi, double white??and a variegated peach bloomed pretty much non stop except August. Those I will replace.
Again TY Karen

Mulberry, FL

No problem in the heat leaves will wilt most over water and kill the roots keeping them to soggy when the sun goes down they go right back just a thing

Mulberry, FL

I just relisted the cuttings if you want some

Fort Worth, TX

Dana..What is your Ebay name? TY

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.