Some of my streptocarpus blooms

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

1 kika
2 Nona
3 inkblot
4 raspberry network
5 crystal blue persuasion

Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

1. Gaucho
2. Gisele
3. Midnight thunder.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

1 Rondul's kazia
2 sashenka
3. Silvia
4 starry night
5. Roulette cherry

Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

1 telma
2 watermelon wine
3 Victorian valentine
4 TSF Zhizel
5 teo

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

1. Samba
2. Better mousetrap
3 nightmare
4. Full moon
5. Kahinta.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

1 bristols spectacular
2. Web of intrigue
3. Mira.

That's it for now. I'll have some more soon !

Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you for sharing your beauty's with us Kathy ann.Having cofee and looking at beautiful flowers,Life is good.

Jan

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Wow,what beauties! I love them. Gisele is a knockout.

Lynn

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for looking ! I'll try to post more here as I get time.

Looking forward to them.I have always loved the Ronduls.Web of Intrigue and Watermelon Wine,but they are all lovely.
Lynn

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

One is prettier than the next, how many do you have in your collection?
Christine

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6a)

Absolutely beautiful!! I have only one Strep now...my Web of Intrigue bit the dust. I have a white one called Crystal Ice. It seems to have several crowns...should I divide it or leave it alone? It is in an Oyama pot and I have a hard time keeping it watered. Any suggestions of a better watering technique? My AVs are all on wicks on reservoirs with clear containers so I can see when the water is low. And I must say, AVs are thirsty little buggers.

Judy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well. I lost my whole post here not sure what happened. I was saying maybe you could under water your oyama pot by sitting it in a bowl of water ? That's how I water the one in his picture. I have over 100 streps now and no idea how many Av's. Here is a picture of my av and strep room. I am just starting to set up my grown up plants on wick system only done one tray. Have along way to go lol

Thumbnail by kathy_ann Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I wish I could afford a few hundred oyama pots lol. They really are nice pots. Mine are all in no bigger than 3 1/2 in plastic pots and I individually water the streps with a turkey baister. Lol. It's working. But is slot of work. I only water ones that need it. But I am working on setting up all the adult plants w wicks.

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6a)

Holy smokes!!! What a beautiful room. I'll bet it is a lot of work. Do you grow commercially or for pleasure?
Where is Judsonia, Ark? Would love to be a zone or 4 warmer. It is snowing her right now and cold..32 degrees.

I have about 40 AVs on wicks, lots of Petros babies under a dome as well as AVs and epicias. I don't have very good luck with epicias...it is too dry here. Hope to get a couple to grow in a terrarium and see how they do.

Judy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

it's a hobby but I often try to earn a little money to pay for that hobby. Judsonia is about l l/2 hrs north of little rock Arkansas.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

kathy, what an amazing collection, plants do make such a great hobby. Thanks for sharing all your beauties....

Kathy,
What a great setup!

Judy,
There are several Episcias that thrive in lower humidity than others.A few right off the top are Fannie Hague,(a very shy bloomer).Butternut,Mint Julep and most of the dark green or green and brown netted ones.Shy away from most all of those that are pink or red if your conditions are dry.

These are all noids grown in furnace heated dry air.

Lynn

Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

They are all beautiful Kathy!
You really have the strep bug now!

Karen

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks everybody !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.