CLOSED: Let's Feed the Birds: Birdfeeder Reveal

Ocean Springs, MS

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1347314/#new

Birdfeeders will need to be sent by February 8th..please try to keep to that date and no later. If you have computer problems or get sick, please find a way to call me so I know what's going on!

If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of birdfeeder, please feel free..BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type :) That's part of the fun, to get something new and different..who knows..you might find a NEW favorite by doing so!

My rules are simple:
1. Buy or make your buddy a birdfeeder (let's keep it to no more than $20 plus shipping). If you decide to order online and have it shipped, please try to include a gift message with your order.
2. Post a picture when you receive your birdfeeder..we love seeing all the varieties of what everyone receives
3. Have fun :)

Participants:
froggiesgirl (Julie)- *received from Kathy and Nancy
taters55 (Linda Kay) - *received
syrumani - songbird/cardinal feeder
jordankittyjo (Kathy) - *received
abbisgranma (Marion) - *received
Bettypauze - *received
warriorwisdomkathy - hummingbird feeder
dragonflysforme - *received
Rose 318 - *received
Taylordaylily - *received
Jokenna - *received
NF2932 (Nancy)- *received

This message was edited Feb 15, 2014 7:39 AM

This message was edited Feb 21, 2014 6:53 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Ocean Springs, MS

You're welcome! Hope the rest of the flock finds us! :)

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

**Thump** That nasty wind blew me over here! Gusts up to 60 mph yesterday lol

Winnetka, CA

Found you all... really looking forward to this swap! Nancy

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Marking my spot.

Ocean Springs, MS

Welcome, everyone! Can't wait to see those birdfeeders start roaming around the country! :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Was at 2 stores today looking for my partner's choice. Darn, gotta keep looking...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Remember it says at the top, "If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of bird feeder, please feel free.. BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type."

Valentine swap is open for one more day, come and check it our.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1347514/

Ocean Springs, MS

My flight for today was canceled. I couldn't get another one until Friday at 5:35 PM! So y'all are stuck with me for another day! LOL

Sure hope the weather clears up soon!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Yup Linda, lol, thought I'd atleast try... Saw some great ones soooo, who knows I may have to go back to that nursery.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm so ready for warmer weather!
A friend gave me a box full of flower seeds of all types. I'm in Heaven. Some of these seed packets are marked 2009. Does anybody know if they would still be worth trying? Most are marked 2012. I know those should be alright. I have been thinking about pitching the 2009 seeds out to the birds. Any thoughts?
Hope everybody is staying safe and warm.
Karen

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Karen...oh no, don't toss...it's atleast worth giving them a try.... Many older seed will still sprout though germination might be less...bu then again you never know. Last winter I started some seed that was 10-15 yrs old and was just fine!!! This winter I am germinating many things that are old and would like to keep going so I can collect new.. What's in the older batch of seed? The newer ones should be fine tho. Come on over to SEED GERMINATION thread by Pfg and follow along with us .. We'll help if we can!!!

pix from last winter

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Ocean Springs, MS

Woohoo! Am I the first to receive??????????? Oh, yes! Kathy (Jordankittyjo), I am feeling so special!!!!!!!!!!! The birdfeeders you sent are absolutely beautiful and practical! Love them so much! Thank you so much for being so thoughtful and generous. I know my little birdies will thank you, too! Planning to get them hung tomorrow morning and hopefully get a pic of some birds visiting them! Thank you so much again! Love, Julie ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Those are beautiful feeders Julie.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Kathy, Thank You! I won't toss. There is about 9 different types of seeds dated 2009. Painted daisy and Cupid darts and milkweed and blue fescue grass are some of them. I'll drop by the seed germination site to chat more. Thank You.

Julie, I love both of your feeders! They are so pretty! Your buddy sure has good taste. Good thing your flight was cancelled. You would have missed your feeders. Hope you have a safe flight tomorrow.

Better get going my son is hungry and then needs to get to bed. Hope everybody has a Blessed night.
Karen

Ocean Springs, MS

Karen, you are so right! I was so excited when I saw the package but the birdfeeders inside really exceeded what I imagined! They are indeed BEAUTIFUL! Thank you again and again, Jordankittyjo!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Nice!!!! Like both!! So do you have a special place to hang them? Love the painting on the larger one!

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Jordankittyjo you sure set the standard high! Those are both beautiful feeders.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Aren't they spectacular, bet even the birds will not want to use them..keep them for Sunday's best!

I had mine and was out last night, saw the cutest feeder, hmmm so tempted to keep it for myself..guess we shall have to wait and see if it gets into the box I'm shipping.

Ohhh Karen Debbie told me a package arrived at her place for me..I asked when she had time if she would open it a d take photo's..know she is busy right ow so likely I'll habpve to wait until the 15th when I meet up with her.

Did you by any chance take a photo? If so could you post so I an ohhh and ahhh

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Betty, Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture. I was a little naughty and bought myself one like one I bought you. I can take a picture of it and show you. The other one will have to be a surprise till the 15th. I'll take a picture and post it in just a minute.
Karen

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry my batteries in my camera are dead. I have it charging. I'll try again in the morning.
Karen

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry it has taken so long. I went and bought myself one like the other one I bought you. I had a excuse why not use it. lol
Here is what I sent you. I really liked the blue one and had to have one for myself. You fill it through the chimney. I bought you a brush to make cleaning it easier. The Sunflower in a cage type feeder in the middle. Hope you like them.
Have a great day!
Karen
PS Hope to see more feeders soon.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg you have spoilt me big tome..absolutely love love them
Excited as can be..than you Karen

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Betty I have to agree with you she did spoil you! Beautiful feeders

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm glad you like them. It was sure fun shopping for them.
Hope the weather works out for your trip the 15th.

Karen

Look at that feeder, that is awesome!

Patti, I got my feeder you sent It is beautiful! Did you paint it?
I got a hummingbird feeder or oriole feeder, painted with beautiful sunflowers, and two packages of oriole food, and a beautiful card!

Thanks so much!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Taters, That is a beautiful feeder. Love the artwork. Congratulations!
Karen

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Wow- some very nice feeders showing up!! Love that hummingbird feeder, LK

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Good morning everyone! A wonderful snowy day here in Iowa :) I gave up trying to find a box, so I had to take the bigger feeder apart to mail it LOL.. I scheduled a pickup for tomorrow as it doesn't appear that we'll be getting out and about today. So dear buddy, I hope you don't have trouble putting it back together - it was easy to take apart :)

Here's a reminder of spring - my tropical hibiscus 'Mrs. Jenny Spangler' - she's not blooming right now, but there are 4 buds forming, so won't be long (Yes, she's inside!)

Have a great day!

Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me
Victoria Harbour, ON

She's beautiful..
My box is packed however if I mail from here it takes a few weeks, I'm in Buffalo the 15th and from there cheaper and quicker to if someone is missing a box it will be shortly on it's way!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1349395/

Cindy has the birdhouse swap open.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Chris, Your Hibiscus is beautiful.
We are going to get the snow later tonight. They are saying 4-6" on one channel and 10-13" on another. Who knows what we will get. I know it will be more than I want. lol Hope you didn't get to much snow today.
You could also say your helping your buddy start their cleaning process for their feeder.

Betty, Hope this winter weather doesn't get in the way of your trip. The bad weather seems never ending this year. I don't blame you waiting till your in NY to mail out your package. We are all big girls we don't mind.

Hope every body stays safe and warm tonight.
Karen

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Karen..

Storm has veered away from my neck of the woods, thank goodness!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I think it veered straight at me. Lol It's snowing now and will snow till morning they say. Just South of me they are going to get ice. I'll take the snow over the ice any day. I can drive in snow, driving on ice isn't my thing.
Karen

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Karen, we have about 6 inches right now and they're saying another few inches more by morning. Very glad I'm now retired and don't have to go out tomorrow LOL.

Be safe!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm a at home mom. My husband can work from home via computer. We have about 3" at this time and it's still falling. School's are already cancelled for the morning. Good day for sledding.
Stay warm and safe.
Karen

Chris, bet you are enjoying your retirement?

Ocean Springs, MS

I'M BACK! Not a good trip. Tell you all about later and catch up with y'all. I am trying to get things iin order here at the house. Be back soon. Love you all, Julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.