a nice little story

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

with a happy ending! we need these once in a while.

my daughter purchased a French Bulldog puppy last february. she really tried to do her homework to make sure she wasn't supporting or buying from a puppy mill. it became clear to her when she got there to pick the puppy up that while it wasn't a big operation, it was less than perfect. she bought her puppy and he turned out to be a great dog.

recently she saw online that the breeder was giving away the father of her dog because he was no longer producing. when my daughter investigated further, she found that the father had recently lost an eye. she was determined to get this dog and adopt him out to a good home. she left message after message and finally made contact with the breeder who told her to come and get him. when she got there, she found him in bad shape with a huge something on his front leg, a broken ear, an infected eye socket and little use of his back legs (from being locked in a cage with no room to even walk).
he went straight to my d's vet who gave him a thorough exam and found that the thing on the front leg was a raging, oozing infection, his mouth was infected from dental neglect, his testicles had been frozen (no doubt from ice cold concrete) and he had a collapsed nasal passage.....in addition to various cuts and bruises.
he spent a week at the clinic and had "the works" done to him and then he came home.

i say home because this is a case of a "failed foster". my daughter said that if the two got along okay that she was keeping him and they did and she is! lol

maynard is her boy on the right and chopper is the old man.

Thumbnail by trackinsand
This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!