MAF Pro Mix orders

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

MAF Pro Mix orders Please limit your orders to what you may want for the spring swap, I also want to be able to substutute products of like qualities if necessary. We will continue this later for the spring swap.This is an at cost sharing, there is no other incentive involved. I'll make the 10th of Feb. the deadline on seed swap orders.

This message was edited Jan 17, 2014 11:15 AM

Thumbnail by Ric_of_MAF
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Ric! Not yet sure how much I'll go through this month, so I might be able to use a couple of bales at the seed swap, for sure by the spring plant swap. :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

It appears that this wholesale carries Berger Mixes and Metro mixes. I will try to get this years price list and post it this week. I'm not entirely sure, but believe the Berger mixes are better priced.
BM8 mix with compost looks particularly good. "With the addition of our meticulously managed compost, this product line has an increased presence of beneficial microorganisms, which boosts plant growth.
Moreover, the compost increases the water retention, cation exchange capacity (CEC), and apparent density. The structure of the compost improves the water distribution throughout the media.
Coarse peat moss, professional compost, horticultural perlite, dolomitic limestone, calcitic limestone, non-ionic wetting agent"

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sounds good! I'll stick w pro mix for starting seedlings, just cause i know what to expect, but I have enuf for that thx to you!

If it's coarser, I like that for outside containers & big pots anyway... I've been playing w pine fines from meadow farms

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Ric, does this mean you won't have access to Pro Mix products?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes and more!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

All Pro Mix prices are within $1 of last year, a 2.8cu ft bags is loose a 3.8 bale is compressed and equals 7 cu ft or 10 5 gallon buckets.

1st is a 3.8 cu' compressed bale of Pro Mix BX , current list is $25.70 tax included.

2nd is 2.8cu' bag of Pro Mix BRK a bark and peat mix, current price $14.20 inclusive

3rd is a 2.8cu' bag of Pro Mix PGX a finer mix for germinating etc. $14.92

4th is a 3.8 bale of Pro Mix HP high porosity unsure of price, Id guess about the same as BX $25.70

5th is a 3.8 bale of Pro Mix Bio BX protection of a high-quality biofungicide working in synergy with the growth enhancement qualities of the only 100% contaminant-free mycorrhizae available in the market, 3.8 bale $30
2.8bag $17

This year I'm including the Berger line of mixes. The cost and brief description follows:
BM1 compares to Pro Mix BX 3.8 bale $24.21
BM2 " " PGX 3' bg $13.96 a little more soil for a dollar less
BM8 " " BX with added compost 3.8 bale$25.81 I plan on trying this one myself

Updated 05/06/14 for spring swap

This message was edited May 6, 2014 9:40 PM

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I may want a bale of the BM8 but not until the plant swap in May.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just bumping this up. I will check on availability this week and post it before taking orders.

An updated listing can be found 1 post up from here.

This message was edited May 6, 2014 9:42 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Ric! Definitely interested in Pro Mix, if you can get it. Tried the Berger, and I'm just more used to Pro Mix I think... I know what to add to it for various applications, so would rather stick with it than experiment with alternative, if possible.

You're a gem for doing this -- it's a huge favor!

:-)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I really appreciate your offer to pick these up -- and sorry to be slow responding! Let me see what I have left from last year -- I'll try to attend to that this weekend!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Reserved for tally, an updated listing can be found on my second post up.

Gardadore 3.8 Pro Mix BX 1ea.
Happy 3.8 bale of Pro Mix Bio BX 1ea.
3.8 bale of Pro Mix BX 1ea.
3.8 bale of BM8 1ea.
Critter 3.8 Pro Mix BX 4ea.
Catbird 3.8 bale of the BM8 1ea
Catmint 3.8 bale of Pro Mix BX 1ea.

Coleup 3.8 bale Pro Mix BX 2 ea.
Me 3.8bale Pro Mix BX 3 ea.

This message was edited May 17, 2014 7:12 AM

This message was edited May 26, 2014 11:30 AM

So, is ProMix a compost?

I actually need to get a good compost right now...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ProMix is potting mix.

Does Bussard Bros deliver down your way? Their minimum is 2 yards, which goes pretty quickly if you're spreading it everywhere like a mulch.

I am not sure, Critter. I think we are probably too far away for them to deliver a small order to me. It's possible that a local nursery carries their products, though. I will need to look into this--thanks for the suggestion!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

You can buy screened compost from the town of College Park -- they'll deliver it too (for a fee). I haven't checked whether their price is competitive. http://www.collegeparkmd.gov/government/public_works/smartleaf_compost.php ("SMARTLEAF® compost is a by-product of composting leaves collected from the City and other surrounding jurisdictions. Grass and other vegetative (soft) garden waste are added for nitrogen. The materials are turned to incorporate oxygen and promote even decomposition. SMARTLEAF® is a screened product with particle sizes ½ inch or less, making it suitable as top grade dressing. It is lab tested and has a pH between 7.4 and 8.0.")

You can also pick up somewhat aged horse manure from local stables for free.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Ric,

Are you still taking orders on the Pro Mix? I would love a bag of the 3.8 Pro Mix BX if you can get it. Thanks.

Jessica (Gardadore)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ric: If you are still taking orders, I'd love one 3.8 bale of Pro Mix Bio BX protection of a high-quality biofungicide working in synergy with the growth enhancement qualities of the only 100% contaminant-free mycorrhizae available in the market, 3.8 bale $30

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Ric, I would like a 3.8 bale of the BM8 please.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think the 3.8 bales are over $40 at DPF this year.

Ric, I'd like 4 big bales of Pro Mix BX please... I can pick up 3 of them from you after the swap (or all 4 if you don't have room). Thanks!!

I'm interested in the bag of the BM8 myself!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Can I please add on a bag of the BM8 and another Pro Mix Bio BX? Thank you! (Do you think I can fit the 3 bags I ordered into my little car?) I remembered that this is the year of the container for me, so I need some mix to fill those containers!!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I bought 2 bales (3.8cf) of "Lamberts Prifessional Potting Mix" at Richardson Farms
for $18.99 + tax--so, say, $20. Looks just like Faffards last year. The peat moss may
be a bit finer to the feel--that's all.

Got too excited seeing the name "Lamberts". Don't really need two. Will sell the other one
for $20 if anyone nearby wants to come and get it.

Gita

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Catmint do you want a bag or a bale?

Happy, you may fit 3, but not a lot more. They are approx. 16x16x26:s.

Jill, I can probably drop yours on the way home.

This message was edited May 17, 2014 7:20 AM

thanks, Ric--how about a bale?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Okay

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Ric! LMK when you're coming so I can feed you... lunch, dinner, high tea...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's the tally so far, I will close this as of Monday, May 26th.

Gardadore 3.8 Pro Mix BX 1ea.
Happy 3.8 bale of Pro Mix Bio BX 1ea.
3.8 bale of Pro Mix BX 1ea.
3.8 bale of BM8 1ea.
Critter 3.8 Pro Mix BX 4ea.
Catbird 3.8 bale of the BM8 1ea
Catmint 3.8 bale of Pro Mix BX 1ea.
Coleup 3.8bale of ProMix BX 2ea
Me 3.8bale of ProMix BX 3ea.

From now on if I do a pick-up, prices will not be listed, you will either have to call, private email me, or simply trust I'm getting you the best price I can. Admin has not shut this one down, but has made it quite clear that group buys, are doing business.

This message was edited May 26, 2014 11:35 AM

thanks, Ric! Appreciate your help with this!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Closing tomorrow!!!

Ric the pro mix bio-- is that recommended for general planting or for special circumstances?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Catmint, I would say you would use it for plants you have a problem with, such as damping off or possible seed starting. If you only need a small amount of sterile soil it cheaper to just bake it in the oven (which can smell), or BBQ.

okay, thanks for the info, Ric! :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

CLOSED!!! I will send the order tomorrow and pick up Thursday.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Order sent and received, seems to be no problems as of now.

thanks so much, Ric! :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yay! Thanks

You can also sterilize potting mix in the microwave, just be sure to moisten well!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

And don't put too much in at a time. I blew the fuse on my microwave by making that mistake!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Our order has been picked up and on the trailer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.