Viburnum Snowball anyone?

Phoenix, AZ

Walmart has some bare root with new growth. $4.98
Anyone have this? I figure for 5 bucks I'd take a chance.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Keep me posted on how it does. I've seen these in magazines and they are so pretty but been afraid to try them here.

Thanks,

Pam

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Those are so nostalgic for me. My grandmother had one at the back garden gate. It bloomed with the lilacs in the spring. I remember gathering them and lilacs for beautiful bouquets for one of my sister's school doings.

I'd love to grow them but as far as I know V. suspensum, Sandankwa viburnum, is the only one that can stand the heat here.

Phoenix, AZ

Well at least it's only $5 down the drain. Trying to figure exposure in my yard....sigh

Crossville, TN

I loved the old Snow Ball Bush in my Mothers yard too...the remind me of a small white hydranga. I have some blue silk Hydrangas in a vase sitting in front of my apartment door. Jo

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Fishie, good luck with yours. I tried to grow them here so many times and none of them made it over the summer. I hope that with the micro climate due to the pond it might have a better chance of surviving. There are fabulous .

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm giving blueberries a try; bought them @ WM for $5 ea and even though it says to plant in full sun, I opted for a spot that gets morning sun and afternoon shade hoping they'll survive the summer and still give fruit.

Phoenix, AZ

Well after much thought I planted the snowball. It should get early sun and afternoon shade (depending on how the Mesquite is trimmed) it's planted about a foot away from the large pond.
Good luck on those blueberries. I've tried berries many times over the years. Never had any luck :(

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Morning sun and afternoon shade for sure, since they're planted on the east side of the house.

Crossville, TN

Good Luck!! Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.