Bantam cochins

Bridgewater, ME

here are some of my bantam cochins,It was so nice out today I took lots of pics

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

Two more

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Such pretty girls! (and boys?)

Bridgewater, ME

Gave up trying to break my broodies,some have been broody since last fall.Gave them all eggs today,two silkies three showgirls and one cochin now have eggs. Don't like hatching in coop this time of year but if they r going to sit might just as well have have chicks if its to cold and I think they r cold I will bring them in the house

north coast nsw, Australia

Love you chickens. How do you's break the broody ones? I have a seperate raised cage just with water and feed dish in it and i put them in it for a few days and when i let them out there not broody anymore.
What sort of eggs did you put under them?

Thumbnail by breeindy
Bridgewater, ME

Hi breeindy from Australia,I havr heard of this method of breaking broodies and have heard it works.Will have to try it,its to cold here to do thst now,they would have to have heat lamps to keep from freezing.I put silkie eggs under the silkies and cochin eggs under the cochins.

Ferndale, WA

"if it's to cold i'll bring them in to the house" Hmmmmmmm...Sounds a little like a chicken fanatic to me...lol If I believed in reincarnation I'd want to come back as one of your feathered friends...lol...Hay I agree with Porkpal...their beauties.

Bridgewater, ME

Another cochin broody today,kept shooing het out of the box but to o avail,will give her some of the other broodies chicks when they hatch. Hay I am what you call a chickaholic, lol

This message was edited Jan 18, 2014 4:43 PM

north coast nsw, Australia

yeah. we get warm weather here and the cage can be just outside in the chiken pen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.