Look at the ice

Bridgewater, ME

This is what it looks like outside my window this morning.There is ice everywhere! Our home sits on a hill so its going to be dangerous getting to the garage and the coop,but on a good note its 38 so will melt hopefully.Strange weather we are having,rather have this than the extreme cold

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Wow! Got some skates?

Ferndale, WA

I know winter can be the pits, but the beauty is difficult to be outdone. I love winter pictures with all the ice, snow, trees and barns, even outhouses...Hay P.S. when was the last time anyone heard from ZZ's Babiez? I miss her.

(Zone 6b)

It has been months since I have seen her on here. I thought of her yesterday. I have two little baby silkies about ten days old. Their little wings are starting to grow. I never did understand about the shape of the wings telling the sex. Wish she was here to explain it again.

I don't know where she went or why. There had been a change in her living arrangements or something. I know her mother was sick. That is all I know. It got really slow around here after you left Haystack. She may have just changed websites.

Richmond, TX

I really miss ZZ too; I hope she'll be back. I can sometimes tell the sex from the feathering; post some pictures and we'll all guess!

Bridgewater, ME

Here are some pics form this morning,this is what fog ice looks like on the trees

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
(Zone 6b)

Like.

Bridgewater, ME

Hit hard again with snow,twice and Tuesday is looking like more.Total for these two storms will beabout 14 inches or more

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

We seem to be coming out of the winter storm cycle...at least for this week--knock wood. Hope you all are doing well and staying warm this week.

We had freezing fog last week. I don't know what freezing fog is.....

Bridgewater, ME

Same as fog ice I would guess

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

ZZ's mother passed. ZZ has had some health problems herself. She moved into the trailer with her mom to take care of her. She does not have chickens anymore. I will tell her you guys are missing her.

Bridgewater, ME

That would be nice to hear from her

Bridgewater, ME

New snow makes everything look so clean and bright.Some of my new babies,moms taking dust baths after being in the nesting boxes or so long.Tilley on guard duty watching for foxes.

Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735 Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Snow is beautiful. If only it weren't so COLD!

Bridgewater, ME

Outside my window,the snow just keeps getting higher and higher,got up to 37 and now its raining.3-15-14

Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Oh, I am so glad I live so much farther south! Please stay safe until spring - whenever that may be...

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

ZZ said to tell you all hello. She does not keep her membership up here anymore but I see her on FB. She is doing well and she has the cutest little granddaughter. She said she misses everyone.

Richmond, TX

Tell ZZ we miss her, but are glad to hear she's doing well!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I will be sure to pass it on to her.

Bridgewater, ME

Tell her its free again,that might make a difference

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I will tell her.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Snow..hate it ...make me go BRRRR just looking at it.. Hope it is melting by now..

Bridgewater, ME

Nope!! Storming today,another 5 inches or so,-5 yesterday,next week got a night that will be below 0 and maybe another big storm next week.. I hate winter!!!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I would have to move south. I could not stand that.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

UGH..glad I live way down here in my neck of the hot humid woods..

Bridgewater, ME

I cant stand the humidity,I would rather deal with the cold

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I will take the humidity over the snow. We get them both here!!!

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Glad to hear ZZ is ok. I miss her on here too. Hope she comes back some day....

This winter is the worst it has been in decades!! I am soooo over winter, and ready for spring!

Cajun, I was born up in Johnson County, KY. I'd give my eye teeth to trade you places! ;) LOL
Are things starting to turn green down there? Are folks turning over their gardens yet?
I miss Kentucky....

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Getting just a bit of green showing. Daffs that are in the sun are blooming. Spring is getting closer!! Folks have planted peas and taters so far. I don't think Johnson county is far from me. I am in Pike County.

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

Cajun, Johnson County (JC) is not too far from you. Just about 65 miles north and slightly west of you. :) Glad to hear KY has signs of spring!!! It has been a hard winter for you all too. I have lots of family living in JC, so I've seen lots of snow pics on their FB pages. I just hope spring and summer make up for it! lol

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Calling for snow again tomorrow but I do not think it will amount to much. More of a nuisance that will keep me from being able to set things out in the garden.

Bridgewater, ME

Getting 6 to 10 inches tomorrow,beautiful today in the low 40`s

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Temps dropped like a rock this evening. Looking for 2-4 inches.

(Zone 6b)

Spring is springing here in Texas.

Richmond, TX

Right! Lovely day today.

Bridgewater, ME

Its not done yet here but it looks like we got about 8 inches and now it is sleeting

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You poor thing. I could not stand that. We got a dusting of snow last night. It was cold until after lunch. Then the sun came out and it warmed up a good bit.

Bridgewater, ME

Said tonight on the news we have had 142 inches of snow this season and its the coldest March recorded in 75 years.Still cold,going down to 8 tomorrow night

Richmond, TX

You have my sympathy!

(Zone 6b)

Hang on, it'll be over soon. Then we will all complain about the heat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.