Anyone ordered from ChiliPlants.com

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

They have an increadable selection of Eggplant, pepper and tomato plants for sale and the price per plant is quite reasonable. But I never heard of them and they are not listed on Garden Watch Dog. I figgure I would ask around and see if anyone has ordered from them. I see lots of tomatoes, peppers and eggplants I would like to order.

http://www.chileplants.com/

Sierra Vista, AZ(Zone 8b)

They are a great source of plants and seeds. They have more chiles than any other source that I know of (please let me know if there is an equal or better source). Given their huge selection, they certainly put the lie to that old ad line: "New Jersey!? Get a rope." I have ordered seed from them and been pleased. Alas, Arizona will not allow them to ship chile plants to AZ.

Thanks for the report. I am intending to get plants. Really much better for me to buy plants of eggplants, peppers and tomatoes.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Rita,
They are listed in Garden Watchdog under the name Cross Country Nurseries, which is the name I always knew them by. Here is the link: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/3190/

I used to buy almost all my tomato, pepper and eggplants from her when I didn't have time to start my own seedlings and had good luck most years. 2009 was the year of the Late Blight and even Alaina's plants suffered as well.

I can really recommend them. I have had no experience with shipped plants as I live close enough to drive the 1 1/2 hours to the nursery. It was always a wonderful outing with a great local diner nearby. I ordered ahead and she had them ready for pickup. I then was able to add more after browsing through the greenhouses.

I don't think you can go wrong using this nursery or Tomato Baby, which I recommended to you on another thread. You will have an awesome selection, that's for sure!! Will be interested to hear what you finally decide to add to your collection!!

Thanks!!! So far I have just looked at Tomato Baby and not yet ordered anything from Chili PLants. At least I have a great start from what I already have ordered.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.