Coffee table revamp.

Herndon, VA(Zone 6b)

I have a rather unsightly coffee table. :(

It has become a catch all because no one wants to see it. It has a cheap plywood looking top and boring but functional legs. It was given to us when we first got married because we had nearly no furniture at the time. While it has served its purpose well over the last six years I'm tired of looking at the "Fugly!"

Hubby as presented me with two options either A) fix it (his preferred option)
or B) Find a new one for 10$ or less that we both like.

Knowing the market in this area I'm betting on fixing it. Since the legs work and can be redone I'm thinking silver leaf the legs and bar work, lay a new sheet of MDF on the top that is long enough to fit the area properly, as it is currently far too short. And then we decided to do a decoupage of world currency over that. I don't have a pic of the table right now, I'll take one soon to post but here is a sample of one of the "bills" I'll be printing out to paste to the table top. :)

Any other ideas or info you have will be appreciated. Is MDF acceptable for this project or do I need to get a pine plywood sheet? Do I use regular poly or is there something that will work better?

Thumbnail by Cicca
This thread has 39 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!