Winter pics 2014 #1

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Baby it's cold outside but still great opportunities for great pics...show some off!

Harper and Winston enjoying each other in the cold. There is a garden under there somewhere. Red Bellied woodpecker asking where the seeds are. Sophie getting me a path to the bird feeder and Luci trying to clean off the car.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Thomaston, CT

Can I borrow Sophie & Luci? What sweeties.......love the red-bellied, I've had one at my feeder for the past month.....I'll see if I can add to the photos tomorrow....if it stops raining!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

great pics!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I'm so ready for this....

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Thomaston, CT

I have heather which is ready to bloom....when the snow melted, it showed it's little white blossoms......gardens were snow free yesterday.....snowed in again today!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

The heather is pretty!

Thomaston, CT

Thanks....it has wandered through much of this little garden, & looks so pretty in the spring when it's in full bloom, & also joined by a purple one that flowers then......

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

snow in my backyard, can wait for spring to go out and put my plants in.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Same here cytf, can't wait for spring!

Thomaston, CT

Looks like spring today with the snow gone!

I had to walk out to the edge of the lawn to get this guy. Hes been around for 2 or 3 days now.

Thumbnail by
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Sherrie that's so cool!!!

Thomaston, CT

Awesome, Sherry! I never see owls around here.....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ronnie I love your little helpers! :)
I am ready for spring too. This has been an extremely cold winter here in the Maine. You know it's bad when Anchorage Alaska is warmer than you are!!
Here are my ice pictures.

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ice was really thick on the tree's, we lost several branches.

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Have some severe clean up to do

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Pretty, but brutal

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Keep in mind on this last picture...I have a metal roof. It never got over 10 degree's during the daylight hours so it couldn't melt. We were also without power for a few days.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The last picture is what I was looking at inside. :)

Thomaston, CT

Wow....can't believe the ice was that thick! You are lucky there wasn't more damage than the branches! The fireplace looks wonderful...so comforting....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Awesome shots Celeste! I don't envy you way to cold for Me!!

Ice I had to walk down the driveway. it was not cute.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

You really deserve the stone fireplace, Celeste. It must give the family a lot of pleasure.

Thomaston, CT

Sherrie, I've been dealing with an icy drive most of this winter.....no, not a great experience!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ice is awful! Hubby fell and sprained his bad ankle, my brother fell on his back @ work and cracked 3 ribs...it bites!!!

Thomaston, CT

Oh, no, Pixie! I was talking to 2 folks at church who also fell....one was OK, the other in a soft cast!

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh NY area is getting a blast.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Thomaston, CT

Oh, hate the ice! Snow here.....hate that, too!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

The ice is pretty when it's in pics that's for sure!

Ice storm here in PA

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ice is beautiful but brutal!

Thomaston, CT

True......calling for a storm on Thurs. when the temp will be 32....sounds like ice to me......

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hopefully no more for all of us!

Bar Harbor, ME

greenhouse blues - everything clipped to a fare-thee-well - nothing left to do :(

Thumbnail by BARHARBOR
Thomaston, CT

Very nice! You are talented with those shears!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Bar!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.