I am way beyond the end of my rope

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

A friend of mine gave me a Doxie puppy in August. She was born Feb 18 and that made her about 6 months old. She is a beautiful little thing but she wasn't house broken (should have known as I know my friends track record) grrr

Within the first month she contracted Parvo. I haven't have any dogs in years so thanks to a neighbor not keeping their dog up :( She had given her 3 shots but the vets say 4. That is why she caught it. 2000 dollars later she was fine. It was touch and go for 8 days. Then I noticed her chewing and realized she still had her baby canines wedged in tightly with her adult ones. Another grrrr as my friend should have noticed that. (Being a dog breeder (not doxies) for years she knew better...Well should have as some do it only for money. So we had to have her spay due to the parvo as we were considering breeding her 1 time first. That was 380 dollars as she developed an abcess from one of the shots they gave her in the shoulder area. They aspirated it $$ and gave her a a 2 week antibiotic shot. So she is spayed, micro-chipped, teeth removed, and of course abcess checked out and treated.

She has all the nyla bones any dog could have ( about 10 of them) Her favorite is them and everything else. I had a basket of seeds under my desk for months she didn't touch them. But took them out to work on them and she decided the ones I added to it looked good and ate some wisteria seeds. My David called poison control and they wanted 65 dollars but we remembered that came with the micro chipping. So after doing as they said she is fine.

Now back to chewing everything up. Nothing is safe. Last week I was so GREATLY upset as for days she will ask to go out and gets a treat for doing her business outside then went back to telling us after she went inside. We had bout the wee wee pads (Never wanted to do that as I feel it is giving her permission to go in the house) But now we do it. If it is not right in front of the garage door she uses the rug. I was so mad I wanted to get rid of her but David talked me out of it as we had so much money in her and he really loves her. Now we have 400 more dollars out for my glasses.

Lastnight I was so very tired and laid down and without thinking laid my 400 dollars on the other pillow. David got home and laid them on the desk and well you can guess while I was asleep she chewed up both arms and one lens is beyond scratched. They are not even 1 year old. I don't have the money to replace them and can't wear them like this. They are trifocals and I can't see without them.

I can't keep this up. I really hate that I am even thinking this but I am out of patience. I can give her back but I know she isn't treated well with 2 huge dogs and 1 other doxie. I have never had a dog like this. She is strong willed (and that is an understatement) I think she needs to be with someone whom can spend all their time and energy being all about.

Please help I am so drained trying to figure out how to deal with this.

This thread has 119 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!