Re-purposed Plywood Bath Vanity

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

A bath vanity height, plywood veneer cabinet sat in the basement for years as a remodeling leftover. I dug it out, removed the doors and sanded it down. Legs were added from scrap wood and SO made the blind drawer front (where the sink would go) into a functional drawer. The small drawers were already working drawers. It languished for two more years, in its intended space, at the base of a back hall staircase. Embarrassed by this UFO, I stained it and tiled the top just before Thanksgiving. Would have posted earlier but couldn't find the original two photos of the project in progress.

The slate and glass top was made from slate tiles left by oldest son who intended to use them when he lived here ten years ago. The grout was also left. I bought one sheet of glass and slate tile and went to town cutting and masticing. It was slightly complicated as I tried to alternate the railroad pattern and the materials between the slate. I now have a catch all cabinet. It stores dog accessories, camera equipment and more below and whatever needs to go upstairs on top. The Folgers can is full of saved seed. The cost was one sheet of glass tile ($9) and the drawer pulls ($17.50). The stain was hand rubbed watered acrylic paint from another project.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!