(28 votes, 43%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(12 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

Can't believe I'm the first to vote!
Anyhow, I voted not to sweat the small stuff. It really is a waste of time & energy. And I'm at an age when both are at a premium! :>)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ditto.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Other. I plan to work even harder. : )

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I already relax and mindlessly enjoy the garden, too much. My resolution is to be tidier and more organized. I'm not sweating this, its something I will feel good about doing.

Lake Helen, FL

Get rid of those damned *rain trees* and make room for a couple of Medjool dates.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

hmmm, what category to put me in....
as sally said, i already enjoy my garden, take endless walks through it and don't sweat much at all. i'm organized and tidy to the point of weird most of the time. lol
i guess that since my garden is finally of an age where most plants survive with minimal care, my only resolution will be to keep it that way and stop buying new babies. i am planting sunchokes this year for the first time but i suspect they won't need much babying.
i will continue on with my garden extensions though....it's never really finished, is it?

Charlotte, VT

I'm with Sally as far as being more organized and tidy. I would also like to get into a habit of walking more in general.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

My yard isn't very large, the entire lot is just about 6500 sq. ft., but I still enjoy taking a daily stroll to see how every thing is doing and try to pull weeds before they get too big. I plan to add more raised beds if I don't wind up moving this month.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I enjoy morning and evening walks in my garden...

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

My garden is tiny but I walk the whole thing daily just to check on things. I empty out rain water from saucers, water things that look dry, pinch things that need to branch, deadhead the roses, move pots around if the earth has tilted some more, look for butterflies and larvae or eggs, weed or two, collect the latest leaves in the street and on the paths for mulch, trim plants that are encroaching too much on its neighbor or providing too much shade, stake anything that needs it, go across the street and look at the overall design for needed corrections, take photos of beautiful things, take cuttings and gather seeds to bring in and propogate, search for the "right spot" for some new plant Im growing. Swing in the swing with a cup of coffee or sit on the bench in the sun with the cat to rest and enjoy and plan. I really dont know how people stay sane without a garden, but I know they do.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

steady, I am not so sure anyone without a garden really stays sane LOL
I love a daily stroll about and do all those little things, but don't always get to it. And with a half acre, my little daily stroll doesn't even scratch the surface of maintenance.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

steady, you're a gardener after my own heart!
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you too, track and to all who lurk or post here. Hope it's a good one.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Other- tho I have plans to do more and with a better organization, and less of lot other things that encroach on my time to accomplish ANYTHING at all!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I didn't think too hard on resolutions for 2014. Was quite busy to the end of 2013, the period I have labeled the year of the do over. DH had 3 eye surgeries, two were do overs. Pool remodel was a monster do over nightmare, and so on and so forth.

I'm looking forward to 2014 being the "backwards year", in a good way. My 82 YO mom is moving to my area and I look forward to introducing her to the joys of gardening. I envision watching the ecstasy on her face after eating her first home grown tomato. I have always been a little envious of those lucky ones who shared gardening with parents and grandparents. In my family nobody cared much, if any, about nature. I still wonder where I got my love for it. Anyway, daughter shall teach mother--the backwards year.

future gardening maniac on her 82nd BD

Thumbnail by vossner
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Make sure her gardening is higher than ground level- eases more than the back and knees toward enjoyment! My dad approaches 83 and is still stocking his freezer himself...some of those changes I was referring to engage rattling HIS memories chuckl

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

nery, your mom is beautiful! easy to see where you get your looks and your warm heart.

U got dmsil

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Won't that be a relief Nery, having mom nearby. She will be thrilled to see your garden.

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

I voted Other: I've squished a disc and I'm not allowed to bend forward for a month, so no gardening until the physiotherapist says I can!

My resolution is to follow his instructions and get well ASAP!

Frustrated!

Ciao, KK.

Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

I also voted other - I think I live to garden and the seed order catalogs are in the mailbox daily to feed my passion. In 2014 I'll plan to experiment with a few new plants and trees. Right now I'm looking at the Fringe Tree, possible a Vitex, a summer daffodil, a double mock orange and be darned if I don't find the Jobs Tears and give them a whirl, too. Did I mention that I wanted to plant the bushel gourd (that sounds like fun). I also have the canteen gourd seeded and ready to go into the ground. I'll plant more spinner gourds as they are so much fun. I hope I teach someone else SOMETHING - ANYTHING about gardening. I'll look forward to sharing my gardens. Guess I need to construct a few more trellis areas. I figure I'll rest when I die, so I'll keep up my gardening pace - the GOOD LORD WILLING.

Eager to garden in the NEW YEAR.

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

I just fond of the early morning walking in the garden and nearby fields. Here's my field of oats on the early morning last June. I grew oats just for fun - it makes the land nicer. Lol

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

what a beautiful photo. thanks for sharing.

KK, Im waiting now for my doc to set up my physical therapy appts. Good luck with your healing and let's take good care of our backs. Where would we gardeners be without our backs???

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's for sure!

Very lovely photo, George.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

bad backs, bad knees, calloused hands, weird tans....oh yeah, we're gardeners. lol

Calgary, Canada

Container gardening and long handled tools save my back.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I voted 'other' because I plan/need to weed and mulch more this year. Didn't get around to all of it last year due to knee surgery. I was pretty good about those strolls and deadheading though except when it got too darn hot to do much of anything. I even learned not to sweat the small stuff! Diving into the vegetable seed catalogs as they arrive....but planning to do less like I did last year. It worked much better!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.