Loving Lowe's clearance rack

Mesa, AZ

Lowe's always has a clearance rack and if you see something that you like that is only 50% off, ask for the garden manager and see if it can be changed to 75% off. They just want to get rid of the plant, so I have never had anyone say no. I stop at any Lowe's I see, just to check out their clearance rack. Yesterday I got:
(3) 1 Gal Kennedia Nigricans "Black Coral Pea Vine" for $1.24
(3) 4" Coprosma 'Roy's Red "Roy's Red Mirror Plant" $0.87
1 5 gal yellow Emu bush $.6.24
1 Gal Silver Texas Sage $1.24
1 Gal Dodonaea Viscosa Hopseed bush $1.24
1 5 Gal Tecoma Stans "Bells of Fire" $3.99
1 hanging basket with purple wave petunias, purple verbena, white snapdragon $3.99

they all look like they are doing pretty good, nothing some even watering, proper sun and protection from frost won't cure. I am really interested in the Black Coral Vine- they have lots of new vines coming out, and the Roy's Red Mirror Plant. The Hopseed should also do well out here in the desert. The Bells of Fire looks like great, just a little frost damage on one side, it even has blooms. Not a bad day for under $25!

Phoenix, AZ

Wow! I was checking out the clearance rack at my Lowes on Saturday. A couple of Orchids that were sitting in water for who knows how long and they still wanted $8 :(
A few dead plants for $3 lol uh no....

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

What great buys.
I go to Lowes all the time and the first place I visit is the clearance rack. I did not see any interesting plants the last time. I would not mind a couple of Kennedias.

Mesa, AZ

Some Lowes are better than others, the one on Higley and US 60 and the one on Bell Rd and Scottsdale Rd seem to have pretty good clearance racks and they will reduce any plant (that is not already 75% off) to the 75% off price. I also like the Lowes on Ellsworth and US 60, bought 3 full flats of assorted 2" cacti and succulents for .50 a piece, marked down from1.99 each. They have been doing quite well for the last 3 months.

Gilbert, AZ

I agree with you about the Lowes on Higley and the 60. I found that at the Lowes on Gilbert Rd and Warner that prices are nonnegotiable, don't know about the others. Either way, I love getting plants for such a great price!

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I can recommend theTempe Lowe's at Rural & Baseline as well.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I got a little variegated multistem diffenbachia that was sad-looking at the east Tucson store, it has continued to be a recalcitrant piece of crap for at least two years. I'm going to repot it into what must be the best soil for it in spring, and then if it doesn't straighten up (literally) and fly right I'm going to do something to it I would never post here. It's on a heat mat, for crying out loud!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Picked up 4 calla lilies for $0.99 each and a daylily for $5.49 at the one on Higley/US 60 on Monday, then went to the one on Rural/Baseline yesterday and got a semi-dwarf peach for $11.49, 2 pots of stock for $1 ea and a hibiscus for $3.49.

Went to HD today and they had seed potatoes, so I bought 3 bags of ten each. 2 bags went into a raised bed and the other was split between to potato growing bags I bought on clearance at WM last year; they have a velcro flap on the side to harvest spuds without having to pull the plant up. I'm going to try harvesting baby potatoes from the bags and let the ones in the bed get full size.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Many HDs in the valley have recently been delivered of new cactus & succulent stock. I visited the one at Thomas & 39th this week, and they had a large number of new cacti, including a bunch of c. 15" columnars all labeled "Cleistocactus tupizensis"....which are great plants in and of themselves, but there were a few in the bunch that were something completely different, despite the labels (easy to pick out from the "true" Cleistocactus inthe bunch): Echinopsis angelesii!! I grabbed on of the two there, and for that rare species, it is a definite bargain!!

Their mistake is my gain!

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

I know for a fact that the Cactus deliveries are made on Tuesday afternoons or Wednesday mornings every other week at my HD & Lowes. Just ask, they'll tell you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.