Candle making question

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

Hello all!!! For Christmas I was given a kit for making candles. I love making stuff, mostly pottery but dabble in other crafts as well and candle making was on my list to try. Figure I can fill up some of the pots I make to use for gifts next year. .

Anyway, I really am not a fan of the scent that came with the kit and was wondering if I could use any scented oil? I have a lot of oils that I used to use in lamp rings (it heats up the oil to make the room smell good, kind of like those things where you put a tea light in it) The lamp rings don't really work so well with all the LED bulbs my husband insists on buying now.

So the question is, can I use that oil in my candles? Any other household items that can be used for scents?

Thanks in advance for your help!

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!