Merry Christmas!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

It's Christmas Eve, finally got some downtime, browsing online garden catalogs for next year's garden.
So - just stopping by to wish everybody a merry, merry CHRISTMAS!

Here's 2 YouTube videos I want to share that will really put you in the Christmas spirit. Maybe you watched it already, maybe not.

A 'flash mob' performance by the fine musicians and singers of the US Air Force Band at the National Air and Space Museum. It's a rarity to find them performing all at the same venue (around 120 airmen), and I'm really lost for words on this awesome performance.
Performing to J S Bach - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring and Joy To The World by Isaac Watts, an original arrangement by SMSgt Robert Thurston:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIoSga7tZPg

Another flash mob - also in a museum, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. A group of young Boston musicians and students performing 'O Holy Night' A modern take yet a very heartfelt performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGJAm1iM1Vc

Again, Merry Christmas to all and looking forward to another year of joyous gardening!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks you so much for your Christmas greeting, Tex! I too wish all a wonderful holiday and fantastic garden projects in the new year.

I was at the MFA at the time of this flash mob performance. The video captures the magic of the moment very well, even if you can't see me and my daughter in the audience.

Thomaston, CT

Wow....what a great experience! Something you will remember! I have been looking at catalogs also....For Christmas, my son gave me a beautiful dark maroon & gold peony....will stay in peat in my garage until spring......

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Great colors for a peony! I hope you'll be posting the blooms.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas - a little late.

Thomaston, CT

I will, Rosemary.....happy to hear from you, Memory!

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Holidays to everyone, I am not good at videos but I can share my pictures with you.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Thomaston, CT

Your poinsettia is a wonderful match for the table! Looks festive.......

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you , every year I purchase 3 of them from the grocery store when they are on sale and place thorough the house.They really add to the Xmas decor.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.