Recommendations for Landscapers

Litchfield Park , AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi all, I recently purchased a new home in the West valley and will be there for the winter, moving in for good this summer. While I am here I would like to get the back and side yards landscaped. I am not good at design and from the Midwest where gardening is very different.
Any suggestions for good landscapers?
Thanks,
Dee

Dolan Springs, AZ(Zone 9a)

There are so many thing to consider. How much sun will each area get? A southern exposure will need very tough plants that can take high temps (think cactus) Things that need lots of humidity probably won't work. Everything will need lots of water, unless you want to go with xeriscaping. It really depends on how much time you want to spend each day. Gravel ground cover and a palm tree usually sounds great in August! Check into the monthly rainfall averages and you will get an idea of what you can expect from nature. But you probably won't miss those flying insects you are leaving behind!

Phoenix, AZ

dmwade, when you say "west valley" that encompasses a lot of area. Can you pin down some cross streets? You'll have a better chance of getting an answer :)

warning....don't try this at home

Thumbnail by Fish_knees

We are in the Savannah subdivision. Closely roads are Peryville Rd and W Camelback
The picture of your garden is beautiful

Phoenix, AZ

Oh wow, you are way out west. Hopefully someone out that way has a landscaper for you.

Dolan Springs, AZ(Zone 9a)

I really read that wrong! I thought you wanted to do something yourself, obviously. Oops.

Eventually I will want to do gardening but initially I need someone to come up with a design that will look good and still allow areas for perennial and vegetable gardening. Right now it is a total blank slate, just dirt.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.