Tropicals available for adoption

Eastborough, KS

I currently am very near my max of plants I can over-winter. I am at the point that I would like to offer plants to a loving home. I do have some that have been set aside for friends, but in the interest of increasing my collection and starting new seedlings, I have some available to offer. I live in southern Kansas, and if someone is seriously interested, we can make arrangements. You can either post here or please email me directly. I have attached a photo of a bloom from one of my older large duplicates.
Ed

Thumbnail by Gutzmek
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Ed, that sure is a pretty bloom, You wouldn't happen to have Hibiscus 'Black Baron' would you?
I fell in love with this:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9452276

Eastborough, KS

Mipii,
I am familiar with that CV. I do not have it and the closest I have is Black Dragon. Unfortunately, it needs to be grafted for a high success rate. This leads me back to my issue of not having enough room. I would love to build a good root stock for plants that need grafting.

Ed

Eastborough, KS

Darren,
If you happen to read this, I have some treats heading your way in spring. A bout of spider mites caused damage and I will not send sickly plants. Expect several varieties this spring.
Ed

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Just wanted to say, that hibiscus (pictured) is beautiful! I love those shades of peach with a contrast

Eastborough, KS

Thank you Costalzonepush.

Attached are a few images of blooms from plants I am attempting to start cuttings from tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Gutzmek Thumbnail by Gutzmek Thumbnail by Gutzmek Thumbnail by Gutzmek
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Beautiful.

Jan

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

You look like you're having fun Gutzmek, keep up the good work!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ed, I am trying to find Hibicus "gators pride".....would you happen to have that varity or one similar....I have looked and looked and even ordered one on line that promptly died. Let me know if you have anything like this your willing to part with.

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

If you ever root any you need a home for I would love to adopt any of them

Eastborough, KS

To all interested parties,

The cuttings are growing nicely. I will be pinching and making sure they have a good root system and are free of any critters. To answer some, these are cuttings that are growing, and a few varieties have have new foster parents waiting already. I plan to ship when I feel comfortable they will survive.

Ed

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I would be interested in any purple ones once they are ready.

Shauna

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I really don't care what color they are as hibiscus are my most favorite of all flowers.

Eastborough, KS

Some images from part of the indoor herd (cuttings and seedlings).

Ed

Thumbnail by Gutzmek
Eastborough, KS

Another.

Thumbnail by Gutzmek
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I have never got a hibiscus to root do you mind sharing your secrets? I don't have but 1 tropical I just bought but would love to root some of my others.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I would be interested just let me know how much and what shipping would be.

I don't care what kind.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Ilovejesus99 , I have a tropical hibiscus for about 15 years and I am constantly making cuttings for my friends . All I do is cut a nice sturdy branch fill a glass or vase with tap water and put in the cutting and keep adding water if it evaporates , or change the water if it is getting green and mossy. Eventually you will start seeing roots , I usually wait until there are a lot of strong roots then I plant it in a container of potting mix and water it well. I always use a saucer under my containers and water it. Being that I live in the north I put my plants out when the temp stay at 75 degrees or higher , but I know Florida has the perfect weather for your plants. Lots of luck .

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I have been able to root hibiscus cuttings in dirt with the use of rooting hormone. Never tried it by just putting it in water and waiting for the roots to develop like cytf.

I would be curious to try that method...

Cytf, how long does it usually take before you start seeing roots?

Shauna

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I tried some common hibiscus in water one winter. They were in water 2 months and no roots developed. The leaves were still green. I sure will try again when I can.

Thanks so much. Anxious to hear how long it could take.

Hi shauna1219 and ilovejesus99 , I think that the cutting were in the water for about 2 months.Here are some pictures , I have 2 colors.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Wow wow wow cytf. Did you use anything special in the water? Those are amazing.

No , I just change the water if it is getting mossy in the vase.Time to plant it in a container now.Give it a try .lots of luck with your cutting.

Atlantic Beach, VA

Oh...do you have more of these? Any extras that you have, I'd love for postage or trade. :)

Hi Moongala , I can do some cuttings for you , do you want me to start rooting them for you and then mail them ?Let me know.

Atlantic Beach, VA

I'd love any that you can send - rootings would be fabulous. Would you prefer to trade or for postage?

What do you have for trade. Let me know

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.