New catalog at B&D

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

10% off and your card is not charged until March. YES!

Hello Prince Promise, a longiflorum oriental I lost during the move.

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks for letting us know I just sent in my order

'Amarossi' - Orienpet
Hybrid Lily

'Anastasia' - Orienpet
Hybrid Lily Bulb

'Black Beauty' - Orienpet
Hybrid Lily Bulb

'Casablanca' - Oriental
Hybrid Lily Bulb

'Conca d' Or' - Orienpet
Hybrid Lily Bulb

'Elusive' - Oriental
Hybrid Lily Bulb

'L. speciosum Uchida' -
species lily

'Holland Beauty' -
Orienpet Hybrid Lily Bulb

'L. speciosum var. Album'
- species lily bulb

'Lesotho' - Orienpet
Hybrid Lily Bulb

'LeVern Friemann' aka
'Miss Freya' - Orienpet
Hybrid Lily Bulb

'Prince Promise' - Easter
x Oriental Hybrid Lily
Bulb

'Scheherazade' - Orienpet
Hybrid Lily Bulb

Guess you can tell I prefer the outward and down facing types.

Yehudith

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

What great choices!

I also ordered 'L.speciosum uchida' and 'Anastasia'. I already have both but you can't have too many.

I took advantage of the Old House Garden percentage countdown sale and ordered 5 'L Martigon album' and got 8.

I love the lilies you ordered. I ordered more 'White Henryi' from Old House Gardens for delivery in the fall because I think its shape, a mix of outward and down facing, is the bomb. Another lily of which I can't have too many.

Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack
(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Because of the red lily beetle invasion, I have sworn not to add any more lilies. I'm willing to spray to protect what I have, but that's it. I must try to keep the maintenance down as much as possible, or the place wlll do me in. Sooooo sad :-(

Happy holidays! everyone!

Thumbnail by Pfg
Wyoming, MN

My B&D order arrived today. Wow some are the size of baseballs! Mostly Orientals and Orienpets which take a little extra care in my zone.

Gary

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I got mine too! Lovely fresh, large bulbs, and some extras! Species, orienpets and longiflorum orientals.

Luscious!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Hope my order arrives soon. OH, I have to figure out where to plant them. uh-oh....

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, where to put them...uh oh indeed!

Found a lily bulb growing in my walnut bed! Wonder what it is? The only one I put in that survived was Silk Road, and I pulled it out. And they never increase?!!!

My Silk Road has never done doodly. Maybe where I put it. Where ever that was.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Believe it or not, I got three of my 4 Silk Roads from Wayside (read the reviews and cringe) after they tried selling them for $14 each, and when that failed, sold them for 3 for $12. I bit. Then I got a 4th from The Lily Garden.

As for blooming in the walnut bed, maybe it's just perverse.

I have a new thing that I do. I put chopsticks where I plant lily bulbs. Other wise I spear them.

But not just any chopsticks. I do it with style. Check it out. 20 of them. Iron wood, Baby. Intact after winter. They don't deteriorate. And it makes my neighbors think I'm even weirder than they previously suspected (that's the best part!!!).

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/10-pack-brown-ironwood-chopsticks-set-of-2.do?&from=fn

Wyoming, MN

Perhaps they think you have an asian salad while you are out gardening? LOL

How very cool. But you have so many lilies. How many chopsticks??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.