Scrap wood TV stand.

Herndon, VA(Zone 6b)

Hubby wanted a new TV, which is fine because we do not share interests in shows what so ever and the old one was 23 inches.

His upgrade was to a 50'' The old one went into the bedroom where it now gets used by me! :)

Anyhow after I rearranged the living room a bit we found that the Fish tank and the new distance from the sofa made viewing a bit odd as you had to look both down and at an angle. So I moved the glass stand a bit and put a Lazy Susan under the TV, that helped but hubby was still not happy he wanted it HIGHER! However, he did not wish to lose his "special" Glass stand... "Special," is I'm assuming, guy code for really freaking ugly...

So I dug into the storage unit and found three boards, red oak for a project I never quite got around to doing and half the pieces had gone walk-about. I Screwed these together after taking them to home depot to have them cut to size. I bought some stain, gloss and used the bits from some old broken picture frames for the smaller trim work, but I did have to buy the larger upper trim to hide the braces underneath.

Anyhow this is how it came out....

I was fairly impressed with myself I must say. Hubby was shocked his wife could do anything aside from clean cook and garden! :P I then had to inform him that I learned a lot about making wood pieces, tables, bed frames, etc. from my grandfather.... :)
He suggested I sell them online so I have it posted to my etsy store.

Final dimensions are:
30''L x 7 1/4''H x 11 3/4''W

This message was edited Dec 7, 2013 1:29 PM

This message was edited Dec 7, 2013 1:30 PM

Thumbnail by Cicca Thumbnail by Cicca Thumbnail by Cicca Thumbnail by Cicca
This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!