Green house

Mulberry, FL

Heres another from harbor freight a novice its 6x8 perfect for me for cuttings. Has a sliding door and 2 roof vents. On sale you get it for 200 dollars

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I hate you (not really!)! I want one!

Nice green house!!!

Mulberry, FL

Thanks super hard to set up but worth the time to do it!

Yes,it looks like it was hard putting it together.Glad it worked out.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

What are the walls made of ...is it single or double wall...let us know how it does in the wind..do you have to heat it there

Mulberry, FL

Walls are made of poly carbon if we get down in the 20's I'm sure I will put something in there. It has a foundation on it its not going anywhere in the wind. Has 2 roof vents too. Biggest thing setting it up is getting the foundation level and square.

Mulberry, FL

We had 40 to 50 mile an hour wind here stands strong cuttings are rooting great in there

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Congratulations... that's plenty of wind for a test... so what was the foundation you mentioned made of...getting it square is easywith the 4 sides together... you just measure the two diagionals... wwhen they are equal it is square... asuming the opposite sides of your building are = in length.. and how does it attach to your foundation...
I keep wanting to contract with a Chinese firm to make a clear plastic one..[ they are doing most of the inflatables ]. that has blow up structural parts to it... and the entire thing is built like a clear air mattress..or pool float..maybe a 1/2 dome shape... so it has double walls and a thick air space inbetween.. that also provides the structure to support it standing upright.. just deflate it in the spring and blow it up in the fall... i think it would come in handy to lots of folks.. there I've done it... given away my next million dollar idea..
you'd still use a foundation or anchoring it right to the ground... but little assembly

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Mulberry, FL

Thats an idea if you look at my pic again you will see the wood 4x6 there not going anywhere the frames screwed in to them.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Cool idea Gordon !!

Kyle :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.