Rainin

Dolan Springs, AZ(Zone 9a)

How are you guys in the Phoenix area doing? It's been raining pretty steady up here since Thursday, but not quite an inch yet. Everybody ok?

Obviously, I'm a little on edge😄
(No idea how to fix that)

Thumbnail by Mountaindweller
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

2.76" in northwest Mesa and counting.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

48 hours+ steady rain in Las Vegas. But no announcement as to quantity. Home town area got 6' of snow in 36 hr period. Nothing like that since the mid 1950s. Our was a nice steady rain and the ground got a really good soak.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

2.85" now, still cloudy with a 30% chance of rain today. It's been one of those typical winter rains, gentle and soaking, so the ground is now really saturated and muddy.

I got a whopping 1.01 by my weather station measurements. Enough to puddle for a bit.
I can't even imagine 6 feet of new snow! I hope everyone in 'home town' is safe and snug! I lived in Michegan for a while as a child, and remember vividly that moment upon arriving home from school with my little sister in tow and having mom ask "where's her other boot?" Back I went looking in two foot deep footprints for the lost boot! Another memory is learning quickly the danger ( so irresistibly fun) of slamming the front door during the spring melt. Those dagger-like ice cycles falling from the second story roof could do damage!

So does anybody know the secret to fixing my pic?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Now the rest of the story. Over 50 autos got stuck in the 6 foot snow area. I asked my brother how that could happen because that many cars do not travel that highway in a month this time of year. It was between Pioche and Ely, Nev. All the people from both towns heard about the big snow and they all went out to see it and got stuck in a white-out for over 7 hours. Highway patrol from Elko county area, further North, came in on snowmobiles to rescue them. First thing they did was bring in gas so they could keep the autos going in order to stay warm.

I thought it was funny. My brother, who lives there, did not but he also was not involved in the problem of being stuck in the "big snow". There is a reason I left there 50 years ago.

Sharon

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Final total, 2.86", so I didn't quite get the 3" I expected, as the rain pretty much ended yesterday around 10 AM.

I think that's funny! 50 snow looky-Lous! It wouldn't be funny if anybody had got hurt though. But just imagine all those people.. Not just one or two, but 50 of them out to see the snow!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Nothing to exciting goes on it that neck of the woods.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.