leaving pots out over the winter

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Can I leave my clay/glazed pots outside over the winter if I put them in garbage bags so they don't get water in them? I don't really have a good place right now to store them inside.

Also if I disconnect my water hose from the spout, can I roll it up and leave it outside also?

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I leave some hoses outside in place. When the water tap is drained and the hoses are disconnected, I put a baggie over each end of the hose and wrap tape or a twisty around it so nothing can get inside. I'm on my 4the year with a couple of them.

I have a large property and I'm tired of dragging hoses all over, so I've run a few along the edges underneath shrubs to the farther reaches. Then I have hose reels on wheels, and I just wheel them wherever needed and hook up.

As far as clay pots go, your idea is worth a try. If any do crack, the best way to repair is with clear silicone in a tube, the kind they use to seal leaks in bathrooms. Water, heat, cold, nothing fazes silicone, the repairs hold forever.

Good luck!

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

ok thanks, that is great to know. Great idea with wheeling the hose and then hooking up, I have a large place too so I might try that. I would not of thought to cover the end of the hose, good idea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.